Avon Products

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Global Finance Manager

Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Avon gives you the title and they pay decent for someone younger making it into management. However you better come in at the level that you want. Promotions are rare.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. How this place survives is beyond me. I went through over 10 marketers in one year due to the high turnover all across Avon. If you have been there two years then consider yourself a veteran. They have old systems and rely heavily on excel. You work long hours, get no appreciation, no promotions, etc. Being in management here was impossible. They want to recruit the best talent but give the people tedious, long hour repetitive work that demoralizes the best talent. This company just spits out products every two weeks and people management is not on their list of responsibility.

GO AWAY. You took a multi-billion dollar company and did not evolve it since the internet came forward. It takes two weeks from the time a product is ordered to when it is delivered. Meanwhile on Amazon you can free two day shipping on competitive brands. The business model needs to change tremendously along with more emphasis being placed on talent retention. Soon after I left the CEO was removed. You don't want to work here.

621 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

Nice people, may be too nice...

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good work environment. Nice People. Global company, hence great place to get some global experience and getting exposed to the emerging markets.

Cons

Business model has its weaknesses and they're not easy to fix, which will result in on-going volatility if not addressed.

smoke and mirrors

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A decent salary and a few nice co-workers, but that was basically it.

Cons

I have never worked for a more behind-the-times and confused company. Constant change in creative direction is beyond frustrating. Too many hens in the hen house.
    Fellow employees have been there for ages (20+ years) and are resistant to change.

Direction changes not even daily but hourly. Get your acts together! Figure out who you're trying to market to and make decisions that make sense. It's not the 1950s anymore. Time to embrace technology!

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products