There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Global Finance Manager

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Avon gives you the title and they pay decent for someone younger making it into management. However you better come in at the level that you want. Promotions are rare.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. How this place survives is beyond me. I went through over 10 marketers in one year due to the high turnover all across Avon. If you have been there two years then consider yourself a veteran. They have old systems and rely heavily on excel. You work long hours, get no appreciation, no promotions, etc. Being in management here was impossible. They want to recruit the best talent but give the people tedious, long hour repetitive work that demoralizes the best talent. This company just spits out products every two weeks and people management is not on their list of responsibility.

GO AWAY. You took a multi-billion dollar company and did not evolve it since the internet came forward. It takes two weeks from the time a product is ordered to when it is delivered. Meanwhile on Amazon you can free two day shipping on competitive brands. The business model needs to change tremendously along with more emphasis being placed on talent retention. Soon after I left the CEO was removed. You don't want to work here.

584 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

This is definitely not the company for women.

Former Employee - District Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You can work out of your own home office.

Cons

The time commitment is enormous. Corporate office is only concerned with producing numbers; relationships are not considered.

Stop holding DSM's responsible for numbers every two weeks. No one can take the pressure. Spend more time and energy getting back to the representative level.

No integrity or clear vision

Former Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Avon Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits excellent. Good salary. Company car. Flexibility. Meeting new people on a daily basis.

Cons

Bonus structure not clear or parameters given after the start of a quarter. Laid off after "failing" restructuring parameters, but was one of the top districts in my division. Hours were long if you chose to be successful at meeting goals. Customer service for representatives was dismal.

Listen to district managers who are in the field daily. Reward your representatives instead of nickel & diming them with fees, especially on returns. Focus on selling products & have adequate stock instead of adding new representative by the droves.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!