Avon Products

www.avon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Love Avon!

I have been working at Avon Products

Pros

AVON has great products with reasonable pricing; it practically sells itself. There is a product for everyone. The Mark line is very trendy and has unique items. Avon is more than just make up and skin care.

Cons

Many times products are not available for order even though they are advertised in the catalog. Items are also discontinued often. For example: a client will fall in love with a perfume and then it's not offered any longer. This happens ALOT.

621 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

Not a good experience

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Brookhaven, NY
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Brookhaven, NY

I worked at Avon Products part-time (more than an year)

Pros

None I can remember other then being able to work from my home

Cons

- Poor upper management
    - 24/7 Work week
    - Bonuses dangled in front of the managers but impossible to obtain
    - Representatives very mean and would presonally attack
    - Was physically threatened by a representative and when reported to inside management, along with the legal department nothing was done
    - Harrassed by my Divisional Manager and a fellow male District Manager - I didnt file complaint because of know they would do nothing
    - Felt exposed to representatives because they could look up where I lived - not protected like a regular employee that work in the corporate offices
    - Fellow district managers very mean, cut throat and bunch of snakes
    - When redisticting was done my district was disolved and assigned to a new one where representatives, mostly the top leadership, made it their business to personally attack and destroy

I am glad I left the company!!! It was the worst experince work wise I have ever had.

Feel good about what your company represents...

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible philanthropic commitment to empower women around the world. Raises endless funds for breast cancer research, ending domestic violence, etc.
    Management listens, focused on employee satisfaction, and people are passionate about the brand and products.

Cons

Executives don't listen, have no vision forward, and continue to execute the same failing strategies.

None.