There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Wonderful company and culture to work for. Any one will be enjoyed working in this company it is a global company.

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its culture and people are simply great

Cons

Management lacks forecasting and long term goals

to inculcate more responsible when dealing with long term costly projects in terms of employee and organizational benfits

609 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

They built a house without building the foundation; company in midst of transition though

Former Employee - Global Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Global Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in global marketing and believe the culture at Avon is the biggest pro -- people are genuinely nice, smart, hardworking but fun, and I created a lot of true friendships during my time working there. The quality of product development is quite good, and the pace of innovation means you get a ton of experience quickly across a lot of products and a lot of creative development. The global experience is also very strong -- there are no other NY based beauty companies with the majority of their business being sold in countries like Brazil & Russia. It's an iconic brand to work on and has an incredible global heritage.

Cons

The company grew so quickly under Andrea Jung's leadership, but a foundation was never built to carry the larger size. Despite being a $13B company it is still run as an entrepreneurial venture in a lot of ways. The pace of innovation and the ability to launch or discontinue items at any time (unlike the two sales windows available with mainstream US retailers) sets the stage for a lack of commitment to launches, which means swirl and rework ongoing. During my four years there the level of decision making that happened within mid/low levels vs senior management differed based on my manager at the time, so I don't think there's consistency there. Beyond some of these operational issues, obviously there are barriers to direct selling being a successful business model in western markets in general. Big hill to overcome. With all that said, there is new leadership running the company over the last 1 1/2-2 years and I have hope that they will force positive change.

Focus on your core high margin, profitable products and drop the gimmicks (cheap fashion, halloween decorations, generic tupperware, etc); along with that you may be able to drop your lowest performing sales representatives and increase company value and customer service.

Best place to work

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager

I have been working at Avon Products full-time

Pros

Family life and work life balance

Cons

Disorganized management, needs improvement in management

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products