Avon Products

www.avon.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Does not invest in employees!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance if you are in the Rye office.

Cons

No long term strategy. The company is not sure how to really make the representative experience better globally. Employees have such poor management that they don't remember the purpose of the company.

Cronyism - Executives in positions based on friendship and not ability. Therefore departments are run ineffectively and very politically.

There is not an internal skill training program for employees. Therefore, most don't really know how to do the job. However, people work really hard to skill achieve objectives. No new job training + competitive objectives = poor execution.

Avon's cultures and values are not upheld by Senior leadership or HR. The company has huge problems with workplace bullying and does not address it.

Bullying examples include, but are not limited to: purposeful exclusion from team meetings/activities, consistently taking credit for your work, sabotaging your work, overloading you with work or taking away all of your work, purposely withholding information from you, and spreading false rumors and gossiping.

Evaluate the VP and Executive Directors that have been at Avon for a long time. A few really need to leave.

678 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

Not a good experience

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Brookhaven, NY
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Brookhaven, NY

I worked at Avon Products part-time (more than a year)

Pros

None I can remember other then being able to work from my home

Cons

- Poor upper management
    - 24/7 Work week
    - Bonuses dangled in front of the managers but impossible to obtain
    - Representatives very mean and would presonally attack
    - Was physically threatened by a representative and when reported to inside management, along with the legal department nothing was done
    - Harrassed by my Divisional Manager and a fellow male District Manager - I didnt file complaint because of know they would do nothing
    - Felt exposed to representatives because they could look up where I lived - not protected like a regular employee that work in the corporate offices
    - Fellow district managers very mean, cut throat and bunch of snakes
    - When redisticting was done my district was disolved and assigned to a new one where representatives, mostly the top leadership, made it their business to personally attack and destroy

I am glad I left the company!!! It was the worst experince work wise I have ever had.

No long term vision

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Global exposure, lots of project management experience, decent pay.

Cons

The company has no plan for facing challenges with direct selling and for modernizing client base. Senior management seems un -faced by the reality.
    There is a lot of reactionary work done instead of proactive, strategic work.

Face the tough challenges, come up with a plan.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products