There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Does not invest in employees!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance if you are in the Rye office.

Cons

No long term strategy. The company is not sure how to really make the representative experience better globally. Employees have such poor management that they don't remember the purpose of the company.

Cronyism - Executives in positions based on friendship and not ability. Therefore departments are run ineffectively and very politically.

There is not an internal skill training program for employees. Therefore, most don't really know how to do the job. However, people work really hard to skill achieve objectives. No new job training + competitive objectives = poor execution.

Avon's cultures and values are not upheld by Senior leadership or HR. The company has huge problems with workplace bullying and does not address it.

Bullying examples include, but are not limited to: purposeful exclusion from team meetings/activities, consistently taking credit for your work, sabotaging your work, overloading you with work or taking away all of your work, purposely withholding information from you, and spreading false rumors and gossiping.

Evaluate the VP and Executive Directors that have been at Avon for a long time. A few really need to leave.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company, people, benefits ... shrinking brand value!

I worked at Avon Products

Pros

Great culture, friendly work environment especially for us women. A chance to help other women achieve their goals of being independent. Great support for causes affecting women.

Cons

Lots of long timers which can be a bad thing sometimes as these are the people that will be promoted first versus the newer ones. You have to wait in line for your turn and that could be several years. Too many wrong macro level business decisions over the years.

Invest in your people and their careers. Stay focused and committed on one path rather than a sea of changes.

2. Works for some

I worked at Avon Products part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Make money on your own time.
    Online access to upcoming products, sales, promotions, etc.
    Nice discount.
    I actually really enjoy a lot of these products and prices.

Cons

Like you'd imagine, it's hard getting started. The rep who hired me talked to me once in two years, and then when I left she began emailing me to rejoin (so she could get a bonus). Her only interest in me seemed to be that I'd add to her pool of money.

Seems like most customers are elderly and will haggle and negotiate.

Spend more time with the reps under you. Give them a customer or two to get started. Offer them some samples to use. Don't look at reps under you as just sources of income.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products