There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

A fun job at first

Former Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Avon Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, car with gas card, flexibility, incentives and bonus opportunities. Great if you are single with no children, or an empty-nester.

Cons

The bonuses are based on mediocre - at best - sales Representatives. The stress and loss of family time was not worth it. Did I mention stress?

Corporate needed to come out into the field. You can play with the numbers all day long, but until you actually understand what it takes to achieve them, it's a guessing game.

584 Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products (View Most Recent)

Difficult company to work with.

I have been working at Avon Products

Pros

Strong brand, good products and nice sales representatives.

Cons

I've put an order in 3 times and put money on account and still can't get produces. I'm returning money taken by customers.

Reveiw you systems-I can only put $1000 on account in your system but you want an additional $488 which it won't accept. Nobody seems concerned about this. I've had orders for 3 weeks I can't fill. Last order I was extended $850 credit limit which was paid and now I can't get product??

Hiring the wrong people can get the company into trouble.

I worked at Avon Products as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Half off of all cosmetics. See the creative process unfold. You grow when you work on various projects. Make your skills and talent known.

Cons

Way too political. Upper management likes to hear themselves talk - even though they have nothing to say. Some of them don't know ANYTHING about the systems. The stress of not knowing causes a great deal of tension. They have high salaries but don't do much work to earn it.

Work as much as you like, but that won't really help you out. If people like you, then you have a chance to get a permanent position.

Learn the system. Maybe that will help you out in the long run. Be smart about it. Don't hide behind the smart people. It only makes you look dumb when people ask you about it and you don't have the answer.

There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!