Axceler

There are newer employer reviews for Axceler

Throw you to the wolves

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at Axceler full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Challenging sales opportunity for new sales reps right out of school, helps you develop your thick skin, and opportunity to make a good amount of money if you stick it out and get better opportunities.

Cons

Cult-like culture, no training, abrasive management style, spend before and after hours developing your own lists to call. The people who work here eat, sleep and breathe this company, and if you don't share the passion you won't last. There are no cubicles so you are completely exposed. Management does not provide any training before throwing you on the phone, and you learn by your manager yelling ridiculous things into your ear while you're on the phone with the one of the 5 realistic contacts you will have in a day after making upward to 200 calls. You can never put the phone down except during lunch which is usually eaten by everyone in the office. There are times when you can't sit down until you schedule a demo.

Better training, set the correct expectation during interviews that if you are not a "rah-rah" kind of person, don't work here.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Axceler (View Most Recent)

Work Hard, Play Hard, and Make a Ton of Cash

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Axceler

Pros

I first worked for a financial telesales company that had no room for growth. Now at Axceler, I love working with people who have a true passion, energy, and drive around everything that they do. The sales bullpen is loud, energetic, fun, exciting and hard-working - everything that I am, which makes it a great place to work. The company is on the cutting edge of technology, and has had 11 straight quarters of record-breaking growth. Also, in my first 2 years of working here, I was promoted twice into a management position. A good work ethic and being career- driven is always recognized and rewarded.

Cons

The hours are long, but I know in the end that I will get out of it what I put into it. $$$$

Find more products for us to sell.

So far so good, but time to take the next step!

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Axceler

Pros

Moved into this role after spending a year working as a project broker and hit the road running the first day. No experience in telesales was necessary as training was provided on the desk, helping me shift into a serious sales position. The immediate advantage you gain is that you are taught to work every aspect of the deal, from cold call to evaluation to negotiation to purchasing. This is not your typical software company where you spend a year generating leads and waiting for the chance to inch your way up a ladder. Commission is not given, but easily attainable if you stick to the intense work ethic. Also, it doesn’t hurt going out as an office and letting the managers pick up the tab every now and then. There are no cubicles or offices as everything you do in the office is in full view of the entire sales team so mistakes cannot be swept under the rug (in a good way). Above all, after 6 months of working here you receive no less than 10 messages from competitors and other ISV’s to come work for their company. For a first job in sales, it will definitely give you the skills necessary to move around the sales game and make an immediate impact at whichever organization you end up with.

Cons

Who wants to start off making $35,000? If you plan on having fun that will barely cover costs. This is the motivation for getting you to either get good fast or jump ship quick. Make no mistake, you can definitely make the money you want but not without earning it. And that means always coming into work on your game, no room for hangovers, always on your feet type atmosphere. Not your typical 9-5 job, so you can expect to go home exhausted on a regular basis.

Invest into the existing structure, marketing, and improve the hiring process. I understand that we had another record breaking year, but now it’s time that we see the fruits of our labor (beyond just our paychecks).

There are newer employer reviews for Axceler