There are newer employer reviews for Axceler

A Satisfyingly Challenging Position

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Axceler full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The upbeat and fun culture in the Sales department sparks energy and ideas throughout the entire organization. As I have a technical background, I was afraid that the position might be too 'Sales-y' for me; I quickly found that the Sales Engineering role requires great problem solving skills and thinking-on-your-feet to face the challenges that come up on a daily basis. The support systems through the organization make it easy to find any answers you don't have. Although I have the most interaction with Sales on a regular basis, I've been able to mold my 'job description' to reflect my strengths and work on my weaknesses through interactions with all parts of the organization. I have been part of several cross-functional teams and projects that engage my interests will helping the organization's progress.
On a side note: If you find that you are better suited for another area of the organization, you can easily transition between roles as the departments are so well-connected. If you are happy with the position and reflect it well, you do get rewarded for your actions!

Cons

There is an expectation to put in extra hours when needed(usually nearing the end of quarter), but you get rewarded with shorter days around holidays. The position requires some travel for Conferences, Saturday Trade Shows or On-Sites, but this travel is well-spread across the department. Visibility is key when it comes to recognition and rewards. To reach the next stage in your career at Axceler, you need to reach a pre-determined milestone or show that your presence is well-received with the addition of projects, cross-functional communication, etc.

reviews filtered by
  1. short time review

Former Employee - Channel Sales Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Channel Sales Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Axceler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

could work remote which was a plus

Cons

cut throat sales model which was a turn off

listen to the community

Throw you to the wolves

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at Axceler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging sales opportunity for new sales reps right out of school, helps you develop your thick skin, and opportunity to make a good amount of money if you stick it out and get better opportunities.

Cons

Cult-like culture, no training, abrasive management style, spend before and after hours developing your own lists to call. The people who work here eat, sleep and breathe this company, and if you don't share the passion you won't last. There are no cubicles so you are completely exposed. Management does not provide any training before throwing you on the phone, and you learn by your manager yelling ridiculous things into your ear while you're on the phone with the one of the 5 realistic contacts you will have in a day after making upward to 200 calls. You can never put the phone down except during lunch which is usually eaten by everyone in the office. There are times when you can't sit down until you schedule a demo.

Better training, set the correct expectation during interviews that if you are not a "rah-rah" kind of person, don't work here.

There are newer employer reviews for Axceler