Axcess Financial

There are newer employer reviews for Axcess Financial

Great to be a part of the Decision Sciences Group at Axcess Financial

Current Employee - Senior Credit Risk Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Senior Credit Risk Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects.
Ability to put your mark on projects.
Great visibility to senior management
Excellent Pay

Cons

nothing worth mentioning or of concern

keep up the good work of building and supporting the group

67 Other Employee Reviews for Axcess Financial (View Most Recent)

Clearly Going The Right Direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is investing in systems, technology, people, processes and culture. This is specifically true in the IT department. The pulled in one of the top CIO / CTOs in the country. He is driven, passionate and a visionary in his field. The guy has established a very specific direction for the IT organization (and Decision Sciences) and has constantly communicated the direction. His well directed and communicated philosophy for investement in best practices and people, the results will follow is refreshing. The IT department is clearing moving forward and in my opinion in the right direction. Great place to join with like-minded professionals who have a passion for technology, innovation and are looking for a place where someone will challenge them and progress thier careers. Not a place to come for people who just want to collect a check.

Cons

The biggest con is the existing systems left behind by a previous regime. The previous regime was focus on expense management rather than investing. The systems are undocumented, brittle and not well designed. Shortly after the new CIO joined, he communicated that this would not be the approach and that everything would changed. I personnally witnessed in a meeting he asked people to support this investment in new systems, practices and technologies because the investment would happen through them. He stated, "Your families number one asset is your resume...not your stocks, not your house...your resume. Let's build that together...its a win-win. Axcess wins and you win." I watched as almost no one believed and no one changed. My opinion is that this is why several people have left.

Keep moving in the right direction. The results are clear and so is my resume ;-)

Keep feeding me...

Current Employee - ITS in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - ITS in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with the company for a while now and it has been a whirlwind tour. This company truly moves like a start-up from an IT standpoint. From what I have seen in this past year, it seems like the company is moving from a culture of complacency and entitlement to one of innovation and market leading technology to keep it at the top.

The one thing that I have learned from working here is this; don't sit back and wait for your job to come to you. You make the job what it needs to be and keep moving while it is being defined. As we know, IT is ever changing and this is one place where if you want to sit back and relax, you may not be a good fit. They seem to be looking for go-getters from Level 1 Helpdesk to the PMO organization that was implemented over the past year. They are growing and quite frankly, I'm glad that I've been able to grow with them.

For the future IT employees looking here; there are a lot of negatives in this thread. From what I can tell, it is from people that aren't the 'go-getters' or the people that don't want to get their hands dirty to enjoy the accolades that will come with project completions. They are the ones that would love to just show up and get a paycheck, be handed their priorities so they don't have to think. They truly may not have been the best fit for this quick moving, loosely defined (although very organized) division.

If you believe is working hard/smart and want to accomplish great things with this IT startup, I would not hesitate to have you working next to me.

Cons

Constant complaining about the job from co-workers. Being in IT, you go unnoticed until something goes wrong!

Keep pushing your people; we will be much better for it. Remember to communicate holistically. Everyone should know whats going on even if it may not affect their particular job. It is always good to get the vision of Leadership, and see how we as a team can have impact within that vision and help grow the company from a technology standpoint.

There are newer employer reviews for Axcess Financial