Axcient

There are newer employer reviews for Axcient

So far so good!

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Axcient full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Axcient exemplifies start-up culture- ping pong table in the kitchen, free beverages and snacks, free lunch twice a week, Nerf dart guns, canine friends and all around friendly people.

Everyone has been extremely helpful and welcoming.

Attended my first company all-hands meeting - CEO was clear that he works for us and encouraged all employees to stop in and share suggestions, concerns, etc. From what I can see upper management also embodies this offering.

Cons

No cons - so far so good...

Open door policy is vital to a healthy work environment and employee retention. Keep embracing it!

33 Other Employee Reviews for Axcient (View Most Recent)

Challenging Environment, Great Employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Axcient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As an engineer who worked here for 3.5 years, it has been an extremely satisfying experience. Axcient started as a core team of deeply committed individuals with a goal of building something great. After growing like gangbusters for the first few years, the company is off to the next stage of development. Even at this stage, you get a strong sense that people are willing to go out of their way to help each other. You don't get as successful as Axcient has in a small amount of time without growing pains, but that's the life of a startup. The market is huge, and there is still tons of room for growth. I would recommend this company to others seeking to grow his/her reputation and career.

The people with boots on the ground will always have your back.

Cons

As a startup growing 300%+ a year, processes can't keep up with demands, and this is where communication is key. Engineering experienced a period of time where it was process-heavy.

Focus less on process, and double-down on on building a great product. Narrow the strategic focus to key areas because the company is still growing.

Great company/culture. Will work harder than you every have before.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Axcient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, team-oriented culture. Free lunches, good atmosphere, great people. Dogs are allowed at work. Low politics, challenging, big opportunity. I liked the people I worked with more than anything.

Cons

Lots of work. Not a company for those who want to coast or are used to hiding in the crowd. Sometimes I think the company could slow down a bit, but I also understand that the management team is trying to build a big company in a short period of time.

Keep being transparent with employees. We feel better when we know what is going on and where we stand.

There are newer employer reviews for Axcient