There are newer employer reviews for Ayasdi

Great product, great employees, and great growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You are working with the top professionals within their respected field -The product is 15 years in development -Small startup environment that presents great career growth opportunity -Great customers -You are working with customers to solves some the worlds most important questions -Downtown Palo Alto is only 1 block away

Cons

Parking is a little bit of a situation.

Other Employee Reviews for Ayasdi

Positive and excited

Pros

Have been here a little while now. The technology and wealth of talent amaze me. The CEO, and other E-staff are accessible and are constantly engaged in improving the company. I'm surprised at some of the disgruntled comments here. True, there have been some common startup-related mistakes, mostly product and vertical-oriented, but the leadership is cognizant of that and have taken several steps towards resolving these issues. Pruning is necessary to ensure that we maintain our focus, and as expected, such a process will lead to a disillusioned few. I have faith in this leadership and in their ability to capitalize on this amazing technology.

Cons

Common startup mistakes - losing focus and trying to solve too many problems at once, but we've gotten past that one.

Advice to Management

Product, employees and customers - nothing else matters!

The future of data analytics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Smartest people I’ve ever worked with. We solve really hard problems. Working with some of the largest & most interesting companies. Awesome product feedback from wide range of users including tons of well published collaborators. The technology is unique & I can see that in a few years, every hard analytical problem will be solved with this type of technique. It’s nice to think that what I’m doing here will provide years of career development opportunities. CEO has had to make decisions that some may not like, but the direction feels sound & the vision is great. I’m glad to have a CEO that teats people well, rather than one that will scream & yell.

Cons

I think the company was too slow to move out some failing employees. Some former execs seem to let their cronies stay way longer than they should have, but thankfully that’s been cleaned up now. For the review I saw that fault the CEO, I’d take it another way; in trying to reform them, it seems he let some sketchy execs stay too long. What is a shame are the bad reviews recently posted by those that were released. Guess the problem with Glassdoor is people only feel really motivated to post after they get fired. While the postings sound like the same excuses they made as they flailed, they are offensive to those of us that are working hard, doing well & building an awesome company. Reach out to any current employee on LinkedIn & you’ll get the true, honest read. Are there challenges? Sure, it’s a startup and every day is different. But the company goes out of it’s way to engage employees, feed us well, communicate a ton & challenges us daily.

Advice to Management

Stick to your vision