There are newer employer reviews for Azusa Pacific University

I loved it.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  Azusa, CA
Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Azusa, CA

I worked at Azusa Pacific University

Pros

Very friendly, encouraging work environment!

Cons

Sometimes it takes awhile for applications to be recognized.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Azusa Pacific University (View Most Recent)

Developed me as an employee.

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Azusa, CA

I worked at Azusa Pacific University

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for personal and spiritual growth at APU. They also offer heavily discounted tuition to employees!

Cons

Administration does not seem to communicate well with employees as to their true motives. It also seems that there is a lack of information sharing and collaboration on campus between departments and offices. The promotion and compensation has great disparities across campus and departments.

I would have liked to seem more transparency from the University about it's real goals and objectives. It seems that, at times, the real agenda is hidden. I would also have liked to have seen more un-biased promotions.

Hiring Managers are Poorly Trained

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I worked at Azusa Pacific University

Pros

Nothing that I can think of except if you have kids and want them to get a good discount on their education. Other than that the excuse is that the sacrifice you are asked to make is "for the mission" while S.r management rakes in the dough.

Cons

Low pay, low expectations, no career advancement. Terrible communication from Sr. Management. Labor issues abound. Unfair treatment is the rule of the day. Upper level managers can be tyrants and are not held accountable for their actions.

Train your managers on proper management supervision. Implement career advancement. Remove climate of fear. Evaluate mid to upper level managers much more closely.

There are newer employer reviews for Azusa Pacific University

Worked for Azusa Pacific University? Contribute to the Community!