There are newer employer reviews for B. Braun Medical

Place to learn fundamental manufacturing process

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at B. Braun Medical

Pros

flexible work hours family like pocket of co-workers

Cons

slow to change against changing environment

Advice to Management

Adapt to the new and changing environment (Old working process is Good but New/Improved process is better)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. B. Braun is a family owned company that cares about their employees, few companies come close.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at B. Braun Medical

Pros

Family owned company that cares about their employees. B. Braun invested in their manufacturing facilities and the training of their employees in the US all through the recession. The company avoided general layoffs, gave out salary increases, did not cut benefits (even added free fitness center benefit) and paid bonuses to all levels of employees all during this long downturn. Generally, management is credible.

Cons

At times, change comes a bit slower than other largely public companies. At times this is a bit frustrating, however, a steady as she goes approach offers stability,

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in both our manufacturing facilities to offer good paying jobs with very good benefits and also invest in the training of employees. Continue to be accessible to employees. The Iron Pigs box is a great way for us to interact with management, please renew the box.

A Nice Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at B. Braun Medical

Pros

I'm not really sure why anyone would complain about B Braun. It's family owned and stable. I've been here 6 years now, and in everyone of those years we've recieved pay increases and bonuses - even during the recent recession when other companies were cutting pay and benefits. Management seems to care about it's employees, and senior management seems very approachable, even the CEO has an open door policy. They still do a lot of stuff for the employees that other companies have cut like a Children's Holiday Party and Family Picnic. As far as how the company is managed, I'd say the fact that there were no mass layoffs or cuts during the recession in a direct reflection on management's ability to run the business even in tough times. Most management seems very competent and willing to listen to employees' ideas. Overall a nice place to work.

Cons

Some people are too comfortable with the status quo and change happens slowly. It can be fustrating trying to get procedures changed when people cling to the way it's always been done. Sometimes too many layers of approve to get things done.

Advice to Management

Change needs to happen faster. Management should be careful not to become victims of their own success. At times management should hold people more accountable for producing results.