B&Q

www.diy.com
  www.diy.com
There are newer employer reviews for B&Q

Orange blood, passionate people and fun place in general.

Current Employee - Analyst in Eastleigh, England (UK)
Current Employee - Analyst in Eastleigh, England (UK)

I have been working at B&Q

Pros

From the CEO to shop floor staff, I can see almost everyone working hard and having fun, isn't that a good company to work for?

Cons

Downside? There aren't many that I can think of. Maybe they should have ex-worker 5% discount?

You will see personnel change fairly frequent, which is not boosting the morale.

84 Other Employee Reviews for B&Q (View Most Recent)

Martini

Current Employee - Trading Manager in Wakefield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trading Manager in Wakefield, England (UK)

I have been working at B&Q

Pros

flexible hours, great team spirit and variety in roles on offer.
    no two days are alike, makes a refreshing change from similar employers.
    very good at treating people as individuals, and do support promotion from within as well as change of location.

Cons

lack of staff, the industry is in a downturn and this is leading to cutbacks, understandable but frustrating.
    customers expect every member of staff to be an expert in every section, some retail jobs are just shelf stacking and standards, but b&q employees are seen as expert decorators/plumbers/electricians/joiners etc, even if they are only employed to work on a till.

the recent trend towards getting back to basics is the right decision, but has suffered from the overtime ban and lower levels of staff over recent times. would be much more successful with even a little flexibilty in terms of paying overtime.
    the recent improvements in standards may be unsustainable if staff feel they are covering the shortfalls in staffing levels.ie non customer facing staff having the standards of a shop floor aisle being the basis of their appraisal.

b&q is ok but not good

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at B&Q

Pros

the first reason is the company is Near my apartment. i want the short time on the work way. If there is long time on the way, i will fell tired. the sceond reason is salary is not too low. if i compare other people get lower salary i will be a little satisfied. and i have not interview in the other company. i have not found a company that is satisfied. interview is also very hard. of course there is no other company hire me.

Cons

there is low salary and no chance for promoting

help the employee have enough salary

There are newer employer reviews for B&Q