There are newer employer reviews for B&R Stores

ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at B&R Stores

Pros

Parent store seems to see the problem and are trying to improve conditions

Cons

Training is not good. You are mentored for two days then told you are on your own. You basically learn through mistakes. And hopefully not too big of mistake

Be more transparent with employees.

5 Other Employee Reviews for B&R Stores (View Most Recent)

Overall, I would say that my experience at Super Saver went from good to 'I need a new job fast.'

Current Employee - Cashier, Produce Clerk, Deli Clerk in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Cashier, Produce Clerk, Deli Clerk in Omaha, NE

I have been working at B&R Stores

Pros

Probably the best reason to work at Super saver would be to get minor experience in fields such as meats, produce, baking, and customer service.

Cons

The management of the store is very lack luster when it comes to working with the employees. They do not work very well with the employees and have not been giving hours required to make a living, ie. I went from 40 hours to 8 hours in one week.

The best piece of advice I would give the management is to actually listen to the employees at the store.

B&R Stores

I worked at B&R Stores

Pros

You get to meet new people in different departments. You will be trained to do new things. You will also get a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Cons

Pay is lower than Hy Vee, which is their competitor. Stores are almost always understaffed, so that makes it very hard. Management is rather snobbish too.

This company really emphasizes customer service, but they don't treat their employees as well. Sure, customers provide our paycheck, but without us employees, the customers couldn't get food. So it goes both ways. At this company they like to use the phrase "valued customer" quite a lot but never once did I hear them say "valued employee". Basically I recommend that if a person wants grocery experience, that they try Hy Vee and not B&R.

There are newer employer reviews for B&R Stores