There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Overall a good company to work for however, duty responsibilities and expectations need looked into.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

BAE offers one of the best benefits packages to date. A work/llife balance is very important to leadership and it shows throughout the company.

Cons

Limited opportunity for advanced training. Information requests follow-up by leadership lacking in timeliness. Lack of sound direction regarding duties and responsibilities for particular positions.

Advice to Management

I feel a thorough look at position responsibilities needs to be accomplished across the enterprise. People doing the same type of work have different duty titles/expectations from region to region. Task Orders should be made available internally to all employees so everyone knows and understands exactly what the areas of responsibilities are for their position. I often feel like the "catch-all" person simply because I have never been given a direct answer about what I am truly responsible for on the contract.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company, bad program, good opportunity

Former Employee - Human Terrain Team in Fort Leavenworth, KS
    Former Employee - Human Terrain Team in Fort Leavenworth, KS

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

BAE is a great company. The HTT program has had problems. Most of the teams are not effective and the Army doesn't always know how to use the teams. You could stare at the walls on a FOB in AFG or you could go out, have a great adventure and accomplish things. The pay is pretty much the same eitherway. You also have an inside track to getting a security clearance and federal job in record time. And a six figure salary during your deployment is nice too.

Cons

If you take the job and have any snags on your security clearance, you will be laid off. We lost 1/4 of our class that way. It take more than 3 months for a lot of people to get a clearance. If it looks like it is going to take more than 3 months, you will be laid off. If the program manager thinks he is going to have budget problems, you are going to get laid off. BAE may think you are the best employee ever, but a Colonel you have never meet can still fire you without a thought. You are a contractor and you are expendible. If BAE loses the contract or the program gets cut or drawn down, you get fired. Bank your money and start looking for your next job the moment you arrive in Afghanistan.

Advice to Management

The BAE leadership was great. You can't fix a troublesome client.

Depressing adrift environment

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Some very sharp coworkers many of which are genuinely talented, warm and helpful.
    Severance.
    Smaller projects and groups can be very dynamic.

Cons

Mainly MIA management. No management role/responsibility definitions.
    No meaningful feedback or reviews.
    No limit to bureaucracy/low productivity.
    Very little creativity in the environment.
    And worst of all, the parking.

Advice to Management

Shamefully callous "you're lucky to have a job" attitude toward most employees.