There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

BAE Systems: good company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer I in Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Systems Engineer I in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

BAE Systems offers a great work life balance, good benefits, competitive compensation, and great peers. Most work a 9/80 schedule so you get every other friday off, I find this schedule very appealing. Experiences seems to vary widely but I have quite enjoyed my time at BAE systems.

Cons

While most have an extremely flexible schedule, you are required to log your work down to 6 minute intervals. Also due to the 9/80 schedule the 40 hour work week ends in the middle of the day on Friday. This proves rather annoying and entirely pointless. This is however common place in the defense industry.

N/A

757 Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA (View Most Recent)

Good place to work and settle.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

The benefits package is comparable or better than those offered at companies nowadays. Who offers a pension anymore? They do! They care about their employees and try to grow them from within. They offer many opportunities for growth, if you take them. The work schedule is very flexible. The type of work can be interesting if you find the right projects. There is very little overtime.

Cons

People need to be a little more motivated to try new things at BAE Systems. They are pretty much set on the technologies they know and love, but are resistant to try newer things. Some of the engineers could use some supplemental training on new technologies (which the company offers). The management (especially newly recruited or promoted) need better training on how to be an effective manager.

Provide much better training for those entering management (especially first time managers).

Working to make things Better

Current Employee - Asdewa in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Asdewa in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Plent of resources available. Interesting work. Most people friendly.

Cons

Can be "Clicky", many layers of management, but thery're working on that. I think senior management sees it and is having difficulty dealing with it. Many "Old Timers" are running the place and can't see new ideas coming in, but not in every case.

Watch you middle managers, many don't know whats really happening in program areas.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA