Great Company that delivers to its clients at the EXPENSE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-reputation for delivering to its clients -great benefits: decent salary; medical and dental; reserve and guard compensated for military commitments

Cons

-you are just an employee number to them -can receive lay off at moment's notice -it appears that they are more concerned with company image than welfare of employee

Advice to Management

It's understandable that in this day and age, there are cuts that must be made. But my one year at BAE (since you bought out the smaller company I used to work for), I seemed like just an employee number. It is real important that employees are made to feel important in their company so they don't feel 1) they are left out 2) they're not just there for a paycheck and 3) company loyalty. Company loyalty is not won by the nice benefits you provide, it's done by RESPECT of the employees. I came to work one morning and found lay off papers waiting for me. While it may have been imminent (no I did not know it was coming), I felt that BAE didn't even try to help me or the team I was running find a new job within the company. I would have greater respect for BAE had they at least tried to help us find employment within. But for that year with BAE, I felt that I was an employee number rather than an employee or person.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. As my first entry level job, I gained 3yrs of marketable system engineering and organizational experience at BAE Systems

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

THe company is dedicated to delivering top quality and reliable electronics to the customer

Cons

The work environment and culture is really conservative.

Advice to Management

Management should create more systems like empower 2.0 that incentivize fresh innovation in the company

2. Good company

Former Employee - Engineering Leadership Program in Johnson City, NY
    Former Employee - Engineering Leadership Program in Johnson City, NY

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, people that work there are more like your family than your colleagues. People are very helpful, especially when you are new. Great place to start your career, there are lots of ways to develop your career. However, you need to be proactive in your own career development. Gym membership discount.

Cons

Managers could ask for 5 hour mandatory overtime if the project is behind. Even though you get a salary, you still need to submit time sheets. There is a huge age gap between people in the ELDP program and the rest of the work force. I believe the location is what makes this opportunity as somewhat of a dull experience. Not easy to meet people outside of work.

Advice to Management

Set up a real mentoring program for new employees and fresh graduates.