There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Great place to work. A fair employer with intergrity and a progressive outlook.

Current Employee - Business Development in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Business Development in Arlington, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible employer with a progressive approach to running the business while keeping up with the latest organizational development tools and a keen interest in recruiting and retaining talent. Frequent reshuffling keeps a fresh internal environment but takes a toll on employees

Cons

Frequent internal reshuffling mentioned above is a two-edge sword that keeps employees in flux and places a certain stress when it comes to job scurity. Also, salary averages are a little lower than inudstry norm and could use a boost

reviews filtered by

BAE has some serious HR issues with some managers

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have some great products and people

Cons

But their HR and some middle managers are extremely flawed and not fair.

Advice to Management

Clean up (fire) some of these middle managers who think they can decide things for the good of the company and treat people anyway they see fit.

My experience is based on the results of BAE's outsourcing of their IT to CSC then after realizing how much it was costing for the amount of good service they were getting so they brought the CSC IT people back into BAE.

BAE did the worst thing they could, they hired these CSC managers who were providing this terrible service into the new BAE-IT organization where they could continue their bad management.

Even after a few years BAE has still yet to correct these behaviors. These are similar to what Medal of Honor winner Dakota Meyer complained about.

I couldn't take the unfair and politically motivated abuse (like Dakota) that I was getting from my (previously CSC)manager (who already has a track record of bad bad behavior and investigations) and BAE HR did nothing to correct it after I contacted them. So I quit after almost 5 years of service.

A few years later that manager is still there at BAE, still doing the same bad stuff (to other people now).

2. As my first entry level job, I gained 3yrs of marketable system engineering and organizational experience at BAE Systems

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

THe company is dedicated to delivering top quality and reliable electronics to the customer

Cons

The work environment and culture is really conservative.

Advice to Management

Management should create more systems like empower 2.0 that incentivize fresh innovation in the company