There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Great place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

It had a great Location, with passionate knowledgeable people. The leaders weer supportive and engaged.

Cons

I had a long commute and spent too much time on the freeway

733 Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA (View Most Recent)

Trying to Improve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros

Lot's of intelligent, caring , and innovative people. Assist the Warfighter, we actually save lives and have an impact. Each day our people contribute to keeping our nation safe and secure and that is a great feeling.

Cons

Management is disconnected, there is a general attitude that things have always been this way so we must continue despite info to the contrary. They don't use their resources to their advantage and there is a climate of just doing enough to get by since there is no tangible recognition of exemplary performance.( this varies from office to office so it may be very differnt at other locations)

Use your people effectively and reward them for their accomplishments. Listen when they suggest improvements. Provide the employees with the tools they need to complete their mission. Look at industry best practices and embrace them, work on the team concept in truth don't just pay it homage. Provide training to and give the employees guidance on how to move up the chain. Interact with your folks be a leader not an obscure entiy at the end of the hall who only comes out to chastise people.

Philosophy versus results

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in York, PA

I worked at BAE Systems USA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Interesting contracts and reliable data resources.
    Ergonomic office, well supplied software and hardware, solid backbone.

Cons

Unfriendly and/or incapable personnel.
    Corporate philosophy overrides logic and proven method(s).
    North American division's vision substitutes profitability.

Do away with attempts to diversify the engineering department and areas of leadership, placing those who are nominal and promoting individuals based upon their sex and conforming to a bad philosophy. It is counterproductive and is not profitable whatsoever. Do away with diversification and other parallel philosophies. Rely on multiple intelligences, character, and proven methods. Concentrate on the strengths of people and enable real team building not politics.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!