BAE Systems USA
www.baesystems.com Arlington, VA 5000+ Employees

Good and talented people, burdened by clueless management at corporate HQ

Program Manager (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsMy supervisor was a retired USAF LtCol. and was actually very talented and surprisingly competent. Probably why he never made Colonel.

ConsBAE is run like a collection of small businesses that are confederated under a mind-numbingly ignorant bureaucracy at HQ that rivals the Federal government for incompetence. 401-K program is run by someone who is only capable of following a check-list but hates the employees. Human Resources can only be described as almost non-existent. Their internal company Internet is mired in the 1990's and should be used to torture Al Qaeda at GITMO.

Advice to Senior Management1. Whom ever set up and is running your 401K program should be fired or retrained or be subject to an employee lawsuit for failing their fiduciary duty. 401K programs should not be utilized if their only purpose is to siphon off the employees contributions with fees and more fees. I can only assume that your 401K administrators are getting kick-backs for a collection of offered funds that perform so poorly.
2. Really?! Still using key-fob pin generators for a corporate login to get mail. That is so 1988. I wonder how a company can exist that requires its employees to have eleven separate username logins. Never heard of Single-Sign-On or Smart Cards? This makes me wonder how BAE could be considered to be high tech at all.
3. Why do employees have to write their own cheat sheets on how to access their own payroll statements? BAE's IT Userguides are always at least two years obsolete and nearly zero help. The IT Help centers were pretty good... Until you idiots downsized and outsourced them.
4. BAE HR should be in the running against Bank of America for the most horrible customer service. The only difference is that HR has only internal customers to P.Off and BofA has paying customers to stiff.

BAE provides many opportunities to advance your skill sets and professional education.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good training opportunities and a decent benefits package. Cons: There is a perception that "staff greening" is a common… Advice to Senior Management: Stated or unstated, make it explicitly clear that you want people who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging work with good people in the trenches, but frustrating upper management structure.

Senior Lead Secure Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Stafford, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working on some of the best projects for the Federal… Cons: Constant, and I mean CONSTANT, re-organizations. Upper management churn leaves you wondering who's left. Very easy to "go native" at a… Advice to Senior Management: Think about unit cohesion, not just butts in chairs. Stop the brain drain. I've seen too many talented people get frustrated and leave… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BAE Systems USA.

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!

BAE Systems USA – Why Work for Us?

BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAE Systems USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BAE Systems USA CEO Jerry DeMuro. All reviews posted anonymously by BAE Systems USA employees.