There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Good and talented people, burdened by clueless management at corporate HQ

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor was a retired USAF LtCol. and was actually very talented and surprisingly competent. Probably why he never made Colonel.

Cons

BAE is run like a collection of small businesses that are confederated under a mind-numbingly ignorant bureaucracy at HQ that rivals the Federal government for incompetence. 401-K program is run by someone who is only capable of following a check-list but hates the employees. Human Resources can only be described as almost non-existent. Their internal company Internet is mired in the 1990's and should be used to torture Al Qaeda at GITMO.

Advice to Management

1. Whom ever set up and is running your 401K program should be fired or retrained or be subject to an employee lawsuit for failing their fiduciary duty. 401K programs should not be utilized if their only purpose is to siphon off the employees contributions with fees and more fees. I can only assume that your 401K administrators are getting kick-backs for a collection of offered funds that perform so poorly. 2. Really?! Still using key-fob pin generators for a corporate login to get mail. That is so 1988. I wonder how a company can exist that requires its employees to have eleven separate username logins. Never heard of Single-Sign-On or Smart Cards? This makes me wonder how BAE could be considered to be high tech at all. 3. Why do employees have to write their own cheat sheets on how to access their own payroll statements? BAE's IT Userguides are always at least two years obsolete and nearly zero help. The IT Help centers were pretty good... Until you idiots downsized and outsourced them. 4. BAE HR should be in the running against Bank of America for the most horrible customer service. The only difference is that HR has only internal customers to P.Off and BofA has paying customers to stiff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A Great Experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at BAE Systems USA as an intern

Pros

The company is growing in multiple industries. They have a bright future ahead and have multiple locations which making working there much better.

Cons

The company is divided into multiple divisions who do not really communicated with each other much of the time.

Challenging work with good people in the trenches, but frustrating upper management structure.

Current Employee - Senior Lead Secure Systems Engineer in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Secure Systems Engineer in Stafford, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working on some of the best projects for the Federal Government Exposure to quality people Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Constant, and I mean CONSTANT, re-organizations. Upper management churn leaves you wondering who's left. Very easy to "go native" at a client site as there is little activity tying resources at client sites to the organization (other than occasional emails, paychecks and submitting time cards).

Advice to Management

Think about unit cohesion, not just butts in chairs. Stop the brain drain. I've seen too many talented people get frustrated and leave the company because we're either too cheap (you have to pay for quality), or we lose contracts to low-bid competitors. I know the latter is hard to do, but there has to be a way. We can't all be CGI or Mantech.