Unless the industry picks up the best is mostly behind us.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pays decent( or at least used to), good benefits, generally less stress than other manufacturing jobs, but then again it depends on who you work with or under. Four day work week as opposed to a five day work week, which is a big plus in my book.

Cons

Difficult to become a permanent employee. Some temps have been working here for over three years. Every year seems to get a little worse in terms of perks and benefits. Annual raises are becoming more difficult to attain. Layoffs have been steady.

Need to make some sells, Bud!

Other Reviews for BAE Systems USA

The Devil wears Prada, and her sister works in accounting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally nice people to work with. Opportunity to move to another department or sector is available should you have an 'outstanding' record.

Cons

Cons... where do I begin? The sector and department I worked for provided an environment that was suffocating with the pressure of a deadline no matter how big or small. There are no excuses. Little to no appreciation for the work that you do, or the hours you put in (work/life balance? HA! what life?). It is expected that you deliver perfect products every time. Heaven forbid you are allowed to take the initiative and be able to preform your job with out having to CC everyone on your emails including the queen of England. You are no longer an adult, you are a toddler that has to be told everything you are and are not allowed to do. You can not make decisions about anything, ever. No one is happy working there, stuck until we find something else. You are able to count on one hand the employees who have actually lasted 3 years or longer (that's 5 or under folks, not good). There are no promotions. You have to wait until they open up the next level of job, you have to then apply for the job (and contend with anyone else applying for it) and MAYBE get "level II, or III."

Relax. Treat us with the respect that we are adults and we know how to complete a job.

Great company (United Defense) before BAE took over

Former Employee - IT Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and technology, ability to move to many locations.

Cons

impersonal global conglomerate, no personal touch. Just a number

Quit changing directions

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA.

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!