Software engineer

Former Employee - Princiapl Software Engineer in Nashua, NH
Former Employee - Princiapl Software Engineer in Nashua, NH

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits Roll over vacation

Cons

Limited growth for software engineers. Bias to other engineering fields such as systems Significant discrimination towards female engineers

Advice to Management

CEO spends PR time creating an environment that does not flow down to the employees. As demonstrated by recent failed Best Place to Work evaluations

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The Devil wears Prada, and her sister works in accounting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally nice people to work with. Opportunity to move to another department or sector is available should you have an 'outstanding' record.

Cons

Cons... where do I begin? The sector and department I worked for provided an environment that was suffocating with the pressure of a deadline no matter how big or small. There are no excuses. Little to no appreciation for the work that you do, or the hours you put in (work/life balance? HA! what life?). It is expected that you deliver perfect products every time. Heaven forbid you are allowed to take the initiative and be able to preform your job with out having to CC everyone on your emails including the queen of England. You are no longer an adult, you are a toddler that has to be told everything you are and are not allowed to do. You can not make decisions about anything, ever. No one is happy working there, stuck until we find something else. You are able to count on one hand the employees who have actually lasted 3 years or longer (that's 5 or under folks, not good). There are no promotions. You have to wait until they open up the next level of job, you have to then apply for the job (and contend with anyone else applying for it) and MAYBE get "level II, or III."

Advice to Management

Relax. Treat us with the respect that we are adults and we know how to complete a job.

2. BAE Systems is a great company to work for. They know how to train college hires well.

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Nashua, NH

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The mentors there are great. They take the time to train others.

Cons

The management team works their teams hard but does not work the long hours themselves. They also do not distribute bonuses down to the people working for them.

Advice to Management

The less motivated managers that have been there for 20+ years probably need to be cycled out.