There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Program Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Manassas, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture.
Challenging and meaningful work.
Good work/life balance.

Cons

Not much mobility at the Manassas, VA site.
Not connected with other sites in the company.

737 Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA (View Most Recent)

Time To Go

Former Employee - Director  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I loved working with the people of this company. All were ready to accept any challenge and succeed. Most were the people that built BAE Systems from the old Mark Ronald days. The ethics of this company are outstanding and make decision making easy. They have a 9/80 work schedule and it is worth working here for but that would be it.

Cons

When Mark Ronald left the company it went down hill fast. Two very bad CEO's ran the place into a management nightmare. They would like to be known as a great place to work but took so many things from the employees that it became impossible to be a great place to work.

Quit threating your employees with layoffs and then expect them to be completely honest with you. Get rid of the "My way or the highway" mentality. You are pushing the innovation and big idea process out of the organization. We worked hard to get rid of the lawyers and accountants from running the company. If they continue they will bankrupt you. Walk your talk. You still are not doing it in I&S. Go get em Jerry DeMuro, you are the great hope for the people who want to be great at BAE. Get rid of the Lockheed mentality.

Overall Awesome Experience

I have been working at BAE Systems USA as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Established firm with a good reputation; proactive internal recruiting program to help with continuity; not above average, but fair pay for the work you do.

Cons

Recent Benefit cuts and the lack of a mentorship/leadership development program. There is a level of restriction to average employees when seeking path to promotion or increased responsibility.

Stop playing favorites with stateside contracts/work sites and get over to overseas locations to interact with employees.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!