BAE Systems USA

www.baesystems.com

Office politics to the extreme

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThere used to be exciting projects on the site, but government cutbacks and moving parts of the projects to other sites killed most of that. Many talented individuals were lost in this process.

Most projects you'll have a good work life balance, no forced overtime.

Most of the senior management and tech leads were great people. Very easy to talk to and generally cared about anything you brought to them.

ConsI dealt with a lot of bad-mouthing behind my back and to my face but in another language. I would often hear my office neighbors insulting all the other coworkers in languages they couldn't understand. Making fun of their weight, abilities, etc.

A few of the people on the team could not code at all but be a senior coder on a project. They would argue a lot about random things they obviously had no idea or proof about.

Like any defense company, you will be doing a lot of paperwork. Far more paperwork than coding.

There were several instances of lazy contractors on various teams there. Not all the contractors were lazy, many were good. The terrible ones, some would disappear during the day but claim a full days worth of work. Others would be snoring in their cube.

Program Manager

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros: Good work environment, overall good benefits!! Cons: Too many reorgs in a short period of time!! Management does not do a good job communicate well the… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Standard benefit and typical Gov. Contract

Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Standard benefit and nice corp. environment - Better locations such as buildings - It was… Cons: - Too much acquisition - Tree structure management - Short term… Advice to Senior Management: Consider better communication with high paid, especially cleared, IT employees about their future. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BAE Systems USA.

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!