BAE Systems USA

Software engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Exton, PA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Exton, PA

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

The nature of my position allows for alot of flexibility to be able to spend time with my family. Good pay

Cons

If I want to make more money I am going to have to move into management, but I am not so sure I want to do that until my kids head off for college

Keep the contracts rolling in, I hope this industry is as stable in 10 years as it is now. No real criticisms

832 Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Applications Developer III in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Developer III in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Laid back small team of developers. Have a lot of leeway in our jobs. Most of the people are great to work with. They are paying me more here than I've made previously in any job. Plenty of work without any stress or too much overhead.

Cons

My team is a small contract team, so we aren't as important to BAE overall. If something occurs with out contract that may lose the contract, basically BAE would just write us off than push for us. Something we all here know is our jobs are not stable and we will not be here for the rest of our professional working careers.

Only real advice I would have would be for the really higher management to look at the smaller contracts and look for more ways to grow them instead of writing them off. Otherwise they typically lose some really good workers when they write things off.

Very interesting professionally

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

The hours were moderate, but they were also flexible and understanding of the work/life balance. Over the more than 10 years I worked there, a lot had changed within the company, so the small group of that had started in our division, slowly dispersed to go on elsewhere.

But the projects were extremely varied, interesting and challenging. Great science and engineering with a good group of people all really interested in what they were doing. I still miss some of the things I did there and I've kept long lasting friendships with the a few coworkers.

If the right opportunity came up, I might go back.

Cons

Senior management was more worried about themselves than their employees. Bonuses when given were a joke.

Try and remember that the people actually doing the work keep you employed as well.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA