BAE Systems USA

Software engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Exton, PA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Exton, PA

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

The nature of my position allows for alot of flexibility to be able to spend time with my family. Good pay

Cons

If I want to make more money I am going to have to move into management, but I am not so sure I want to do that until my kids head off for college

Keep the contracts rolling in, I hope this industry is as stable in 10 years as it is now. No real criticisms

844 Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA (View Most Recent)

Very interesting professionally

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

The hours were moderate, but they were also flexible and understanding of the work/life balance. Over the more than 10 years I worked there, a lot had changed within the company, so the small group of that had started in our division, slowly dispersed to go on elsewhere.

But the projects were extremely varied, interesting and challenging. Great science and engineering with a good group of people all really interested in what they were doing. I still miss some of the things I did there and I've kept long lasting friendships with the a few coworkers.

If the right opportunity came up, I might go back.

Cons

Senior management was more worried about themselves than their employees. Bonuses when given were a joke.

Try and remember that the people actually doing the work keep you employed as well.

OK Place to Work, poor morale, and major layoffs this year.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Fairly large company with some nice benefites

Cons

Salaries can differentiate heavily. Some people skate by by being "favorites". Promotion can be difficult. Getting feedback for your work is hard if your manager is not directly involved in your project. Poor morale.

Change your practices. We are laying off some good people, while employing lazy incompetent folks.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA