BAE Systems USA

www.baesystems.com
  www.baesystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

BAE Systems provided a solid foundation allowing me to work effectively on the customer's contract.

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

BAE Systems has all the benefits of working for a large company: great benefits, partial 401K matching, having access to a great depth and breadth of expertise within the company and its sister organizations. They take pride in their role supporting the US Military's mission and keeping the war-fighter safe, and doing so as efficiently as possible.

Cons

Since I was working at a customer site, directly for the customer with limited oversight by BAE management, there was a serious disconnect when it came to performance reviews and other similar HR related tasks. While a large company has the weight and momentum to accomplish many things a smaller company may not be able to, this momentum is a double edged sword. There is somewhat of a lack of agility and flexibility within the company, especially when dealing with a situation or condition that is not the "standard operating mode".

My experience with management limited but generally positive. In an economy where large portions of the defense sector were seeing cuts, they were working hard to try and win new contracts and enter new markets.

789 Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA (View Most Recent)

Excellent Pay and Benefits in a technologically advanced defense company.

Former Employee - Program Manager I in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Program Manager I in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Excellent Pay and Benefits. Tremendous challenges to be solved in any field. Broad Range of opportunities. Excellent training programs. BAE hires some of the best people - your coworkers will be top notch.

Cons

Defense industry cycles have big impacts on hirings / layoffs. If the contracts aren't coming in for your business unit you will have to let good people go during the inevitable RIF (Reduction In Force). This is a defense industry challenge that BAE is not immune to.

Make better use of independent defense contractors to minimize the effects of the reduction in force. Contractors know from the start that they are only there for a contract.

My job so far has been very, very quiet.

Current Employee - Associate Management Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate Management Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, fair management.

Cons

Job satisfaction depends on the contract to which you've been assigned.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA