BASF Corporation
www.basf.us Florham Park, NJ 5000+ Employees

BASF - A very good company to work for

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsThe work load is challenging and meaningful. There is a lot going on with the company right now, and it is easy to see how my efforts are directly impacting/furthering the business.

Opportunities for advancement appear to still be available even in our most recent economic downturn, although competition for advancement is stiff. BASF's product portfolio serves our daily lives, and BASF will continue to bring solutions that are sustainable, and this is exciting.

BASF is the best chemical company in the industry.

ConsWork-life balance. You may find yourself working much more than 40 hour weeks. Quality of work environment is directly related to the management style of management (Director level) than your team work dynamics.

Relatively speaking, this company is not diverse.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think our Sr. Management is doing a fine job of steering the company. Continue to work on diversifying the management ranks - I think that by doing so, BASF will be even more successful in hiring and retaining top talent.

Nice place to work and progressively changing..Maybe.

Scientist II (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros: Global companies with a lot of chances to move around and experience different settings, departments and countries. Good process to move scientist from the… Cons: There is no chance for a non-german to get promoter beyond a manager. All the sites in the world has German over-sight from… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to move into world markets, you should hire some local people in these markets to take the leadership roles, not just as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall, a great place to work.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
    Macon, GA

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros: My job is very challenging. I am very satisfied with my level of compensation.… Cons: Very regimented in most regards resulting in some inefficiencies in… Advice to Senior Management: The management team is doing a good job. They are under… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BASF Corporation.

Worked for BASF Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

BASF Corporation – Why Work for Us?

BASF at a glance BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve customers and partners in almost… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BASF Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BASF Corporation CEO Hans Engel. All reviews posted anonymously by BASF Corporation employees.