There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation

BASF - A very good company to work for

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

The work load is challenging and meaningful. There is a lot going on with the company right now, and it is easy to see how my efforts are directly impacting/furthering the business.

Opportunities for advancement appear to still be available even in our most recent economic downturn, although competition for advancement is stiff. BASF's product portfolio serves our daily lives, and BASF will continue to bring solutions that are sustainable, and this is exciting.

BASF is the best chemical company in the industry.

Cons

Work-life balance. You may find yourself working much more than 40 hour weeks. Quality of work environment is directly related to the management style of management (Director level) than your team work dynamics.

Relatively speaking, this company is not diverse.

I think our Sr. Management is doing a fine job of steering the company. Continue to work on diversifying the management ranks - I think that by doing so, BASF will be even more successful in hiring and retaining top talent.

289 Other Employee Reviews for BASF Corporation (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work and progressively changing..Maybe.

Current Employee - Scientist II  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Scientist II in Detroit, MI

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

Global companies with a lot of chances to move around and experience different settings, departments and countries. Good process to move scientist from the lab to technical sales and other jobs if they get bored of the science.

They really care about work/life balance and employee satisfaction. Safety is the most important thing when doing anything.

Cons

There is no chance for a non-german to get promoter beyond a manager. All the sites in the world has German over-sight from someone from the head office in Germany. All teams are led by German people. All decisions must also go through head quarters.

If you want to move into world markets, you should hire some local people in these markets to take the leadership roles, not just as local workers. Stop complaining that non-germans have no company loyalty because the fact that you are stifling their upward movement is making them leave. Why waste all this money to train them if you don't let them get a leadership role?

Overall, a great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Macon, GA

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

My job is very challenging. I am very satisfied with my level of compensation. From what I've seen, it is a very responsible company with regards to environmental issues.

Cons

Very regimented in most regards resulting in some inefficiencies in getting things done.

The management team is doing a good job. They are under tremendous stress to make sure all policies and procedures are adhered to.

There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation

Worked for BASF Corporation? Contribute to the Community!