BASF

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Field Marketing in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Industry leader, decent pay and very good benefits, seem to genuinely care about employees. Senior management is very competent. Committed to quality and well respected in industry.

Cons

Very process and procedure oriented, sometimes introducing innovative ideas can be frustrating. Can be slow moving, market follower. People tend to stay a long time sometimes limiting career advancment.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ok but not my forever job

Current Employee - Security Technology Analyst in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Technology Analyst in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They gave me a job after I was laid off from my last job in April. My coworkers are helpful and the pay is decent. I worked at my previous company for 25 years so having friendly coworkers helps make the transition easier.

Cons

Company is huge and management doesn't have a clue as how to organize everything. I am a technology analyst and am good at what I do. However, at a new company you need some help to aclimate yourself to your new environment. Also the commute is brutal. While I live and work in NJ my commute is just way too far. I am learning there is very little chance of job advancement. I recently got my license in another area and I am currently working on my own business. Once it takes off I am moving on.

Advice to Management

Work more with new employees. Listen to the workers that have been with you for a long time.

review of basf

Current Employee - Scientist in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Scientist in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BASF overall is a good company, they care about the employees and they make and effort to keep a good work/life balance. They allow flexiable hours (like every other friday off for working 80hours in 9 days) and encourage employees to use all of their vacation. They have A LOT of resorces avaliable to get things done, and are continually tying to promote cross-business unit teams.

Cons

The biggest problem is that it can be difficult to navigate through the red tape. Being a german company it can sometimes feel like you are removed from the people who are making all of the decisions which can be frustrating.