There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation

A people-focused organization with many opportunities

Current Intern - PDP Engineering in Freeport, TX
Current Intern - PDP Engineering in Freeport, TX

I have been working at BASF Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Size allows you to change job location and industry if motivated to do so Good benefits HR works hard to put interns in relevant, interesting position Excellent stability throughout my time

Cons

Large size requires a motivated person to advance in roles Large amount of rules and procedures make some innovating tasks difficult

Advice to Management

Bring more focus to corporate values and communicating company strategy. Competing initiatives and programs can dilute the message.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. BASF

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Field Marketing in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Industry leader, decent pay and very good benefits, seem to genuinely care about employees. Senior management is very competent. Committed to quality and well respected in industry.

Cons

Very process and procedure oriented, sometimes introducing innovative ideas can be frustrating. Can be slow moving, market follower. People tend to stay a long time sometimes limiting career advancment.

2. Ok but not my forever job

Current Employee - Security Technology Analyst in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Technology Analyst in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They gave me a job after I was laid off from my last job in April. My coworkers are helpful and the pay is decent. I worked at my previous company for 25 years so having friendly coworkers helps make the transition easier.

Cons

Company is huge and management doesn't have a clue as how to organize everything. I am a technology analyst and am good at what I do. However, at a new company you need some help to aclimate yourself to your new environment. Also the commute is brutal. While I live and work in NJ my commute is just way too far. I am learning there is very little chance of job advancement. I recently got my license in another area and I am currently working on my own business. Once it takes off I am moving on.

Advice to Management

Work more with new employees. Listen to the workers that have been with you for a long time.