BASF Corporation

www.basf.us
  www.basf.us
There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation

Exzellentes Praktikum Excellent Internship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ludwigshafen (Germany)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ludwigshafen (Germany)

I worked at BASF Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Sehr gutes Arbeitsumfeld. Hervorragende Projekte und Produkte.

Very good work environment. Excellent projects and products.

Cons

Alles war auf Deutsch, und ich bin kein deutscher Muttersprachler.

Everything was in German and I'm not a native German.

313 Other Employee Reviews for BASF Corporation (View Most Recent)

I've seen an evolution and I am proud to work here

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Global and regional responsibility, the jobs are big and meaty, hard work and innovation are rewarded, you can move around quite easily, big learning and development budgets, transparent job posting process, financially well run and financially carefully managed, very smart people who are dedicated to their work but also willing to help whenever needed--there is good collaboration here. There has been a true evolution over the years I've worked here, the employee population is much more diverse and there is an openness which did not exist before, and a huge focus on employee development with the resources behind it, but there is more to be done.

Cons

To go from good to great: Regions often subject to global governance, not a lot of opportunity to maneuver sometimes--this has a really bad effect on regional leader behavior--lots of baggage gets projected onto direct and indirect reports; outdated processes and practices; treating everyone the same trumps really appreciating the needs of the individual customer; poor IT processes and tools for such a large organization--IT polices and attempts to squash any non-SAP tool; lots of rules; not a true speak-up culture across the whole organization(yet), too many Germans in US leadership roles.

Move global roles based in Germany to the regions, hire/place more local talent into key executive roles, plan for the future including less of a focus on headcount management and more on buying and building talent for profitable growth.

BASF Corporation Response

Nov 26, 2014Manager, Talent Sourcing & Employment Branding

We are glad that you are proud to work for BASF and are enjoying your talented colleagues, collaborative work environment which encourages innovation, ample opportunities to learn and develop as well ... More

Accelerated change environment for last 3-4 years.

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

Global company with agile requirements While at same time typical German conservativly led.

Cons

Same as above...work enenvironmentepends upon department

There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation