My experience at BASF was great.

I worked at BASF Corporation

Pros

I got to work on challenging projects.

Cons

Sometimes the accounting work can be repetitive.

Other Reviews for BASF Corporation

BASF Project Manager Review - Freeport

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Freeport, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Freeport, TX

I worked at BASF Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent community. All staff at the BASF Freeport site are friendly and willing to lend a hand to help. A Team mindset helps to excel at this site. BASF as a whole along the Louisiana to Texas Gulf Coast is rumored to be reevaluating salary and possible raises are coming. Excellent opportunities to come in the near future with openings becoming available due to retirement of senior employees.

Cons

The company is beginning to feel the pressure of what some call the "silver bullet", where an age gap has been created between senior employees and junior employees. Basically, there is a majority of really experienced senior employees and really novice junior employees, with very few mid-experienced employees. This "silver bullet" really kicks in when the senior employees retire and all there valuable experience is lost, and the junior employees are not quite advanced enough to fill the role left by the retired seniors.

Assign one or more senior employees to mentor junior employees. Knowledge transfer is accelerated by the dual accountability.

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

Being a research focused company, I, even as a recruiter, am constantly learning from my hiring managers.

Cons

It is a large global matrixed organization, you must be someone who can manage through this type of structure.

Continuous communication is essential for employees to continue to remain connected to management.

There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation.

Worked for BASF Corporation? Contribute to the Community!