There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation

A socially responsible, successful company that cares about its employees and the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive pay, almost limitless career opportunities, solid benefits, flexible work arrangements, excellent retirement plan, employee discounts, emphasis on career development and lifelong learning, clear strategic vision for the business regionally and globally, the industry leader

Cons

Highly matrixed, bureaucracy that comes with a large multinational, sometimes too internally focused

Relax the command and control style and place more trust in employees

289 Other Employee Reviews for BASF Corporation (View Most Recent)

A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

I worked at BASF Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Secure, established company, excellent benefits and perks. Generally very nice people.

Cons

Did not experience a performance review, and very little opportunity to develop my career. Tried reaching out to other BASF sites to inquire about future job opportunities, but never received a response. Tried to talk to manager and HR about developing my career, with no more than a shrug in response. Did not always feel safe in my environment. Was forced to take on additional responsibilities that I was not comfortable with, and I was not heard whenever I voiced concerns. Because I happened to work for some "bad apples," I often felt isolated, not trusted, and was often ridiculed. My job assignment was switched suddenly and without explanation several times in one year. There were always a lot of rumors flying around and I found myself dealing with these more than things that actually mattered. There were favorites, and if you were one of them you could do no wrong. Obviously, I was not one. Had I been in any other department, however, things would probably have been better for me.

Some high-ranking American managers whose bosses are in Germany are left unchecked too often. This seems to give the managers' unbelievable power over their direct reports because no one is around to watch these managers.

Diverse products/businesses; Process driven, siloed organization; management by consensus.

Current Employee - Global Account Management  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Global Account Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity to develop career and grow across multiple businesses. Internal processes and training well developed. Manage to the bottom line.

Cons

Internal process dominated/bureaucratic; too often suffers from analysis paralysis. Who can and will make a decision not clearly defined.

Establish good processes that are simple to maintain and allow more time to maintain contact with the customer. Drive decision making down to the lowest level to make decisions faster.

There are newer employer reviews for BASF Corporation

Worked for BASF Corporation? Contribute to the Community!