There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

Bayada is an excellent company with amazing opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Being able to provide care to another human being in need.
The Bayada Way - the company (its people) has a strong set of core values. These core values are not only stated, but experienced in the field and in the office.
Amazing people - could not work with nicer people.
Awesome field staff - RNs, LPNs, Hab techs, and HHAs.
Entry level start provided me with a solid foundation to grow 4 more levels in 18 years.
Excellent training- leadership and job-specific- developed and led by a dedicated support office
First-class, accelerated leadership development program - ALDP.
Leaders in the home care industry.
Debt-free, privately held company since 1975.
Practice specialties such as pediatric, adult skilled and personal care, home health and hospice, and habilitation, each provide opportunities to provide care in your area of expertise and passion.
Entrepreneurial spirit encourages those with the abilities to expand business and create more and more opportunities for others, and help more and more clients.
Feedback is encouraged, therefore, I have grown more because of it and I've witnessed a ton of promotions (very few in leadership roles are hired from the outside)
The high expectations have pushed me to be a better person, personally and professionally.
Outstanding support offices who help with a lot of the administrative type work, allowing the service offices to focus on connecting with the clients and employees to deliver the care the client needs and wants.
The offices in each region work closely together to support and help one another daily.
We work hard, but we play hard too! Just returned from an inspirational and amazing award's weekend where heroes are recognized. It's emotional to watch the work we do daily and its impact.
Having fun in the office is encouraged. An open "pit" leads to excellent communication among team members, leading to excellent coordination of care.
Excellent benefits package for a single individual.

Cons

Extremely tough work, not for everyone. Not everyone chooses to stay at Bayada, and it's sad when we lose one of our team members because we get so close to each other.
Can feel under-appreciated at times.
Turn-over rates due to the demanding nature of our work.
Family benefits package is expensive.
Clients need care 24/7, so we are often needed after hours and on weekends to make sure they are taken care of. That can sometimes lead to an imbalance in work and family time and can lead to burn-out. Not everyone, including myself, has the ability to keep that in check.

Thanks for the opportunity to grow with such a wonderful company. Keep supporting your people and listening to their needs. There is no "easy" job at Bayada. Make sure everyone feels valued, so we can continue to help others.

231 Other Employee Reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care (View Most Recent)

Company that doesn't value employees or clients

Former Employee - Private Duty Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Private Duty Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

????? Can't think of a single thing ?????

Cons

This company acts as if they are doing their clients a favor by providing sketchy coverage. To this company the nurses are only warm bodies not people and are completely expendable. Top pay isn't competitive in the home health industry NO BENEFITS. I can't fathom how they stay in business???

You guys are clueless...... No wonder you are always looking for employees when you don't value the ones you have....... You are developing a bad reputation in the home health industry among your former employees........And nurses talk ..........................................

I only stay with the company because of the client I take care of

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Erie, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a job...not the worst company I have worked for but definitely not the best. Only true pro is making my own schedule.

Cons

No communication from clinical/case/office managers. No employee handbook or "written" protocols. Management "makes up" rules as they choose and when questioned about written policy and procedures, the answer is "our legal team is working on it". No raises, I have been with the company for 5 years and the excuse is "no increase in reimbursement from Medicare, so no raises this year". I work with a client who has private insurance and my rate should be based on private insurance reimbursement, not Medicare reimbursement. They expect you to be flexible and to make the company look good, but there is no incentive anymore to do so. They cut holiday pay to $4 more an hour instead of time and a half. They also expect client flexibility, but only want to pay you less than half the standard hourly rate to "orient" with the client. Management truly is despicable.

Bayada has been in business way too long to have so many "bumps" in the way things are done ie: scheduling, raises/incentives/bonuses. Good companies provide employee hand books and policy and procedure manuals so the staff is truly informed of this companies rules and any "rule" should apply to everyone, not just who you pick and choose.

There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care