There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

As they grow they become more and more greedy

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Works 6 Days A Week in Intercourse, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

make your own schedule(to a point),as long as you are consistent they leave you alone,working with children

Cons

benefits offered are an insult....I think they cost more than if you got your own plan from somewhere,have to work 2000 hours to get 5 days vacation,0 raise in 3 going on 4 years,you know they are making lots of $$,They used to have incentives(Bayada Bucks) used to get them for covering a shift or helping out when you could now I am certain in order to get 20 bayada bucks catalog equivalent to approximately 8 dollars you have to scale Mount Everest @ office I work out of but I hear of other offices giving them as intended.Poor business model ...overstaffed and overqualified and overpaid non-medical client services manager position requires a 4 yr degree to answer phones,schedule and customer service,you can hire a less qualified(personable) representative without doubt to fill this job and would easily save 40 percent on their salaries alone or hire a nurse to do that job with equivalent pay and at least he/she can take burden off of field staff and fill in as needed...Why would you handsomely pay degree holding representative when there background is not even medical,handsomely pay LPN/RN to do the job and they serve dual purpose...but what do i know?

Advice to Management

Get rid of Customer Service Rep with a bachelors degree in anything other than nursing...hire LPN'S/RN to do this job or you can easily hire less qualified personnel for this position and achieve same results for less money and use money saved to retain desrable field staff

reviews filtered by

Amazing Hurricane Sandy Response

Current Employee - Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

After the hurricane, several BAYADA offices in NJ and NY were left devastated by the storm. There are offices without power who worked out of their homes or in a hotel. Some offices are still without internet/power and working remotely. There are incredible acts of kindness highlighting how office teams came together to 'weather' the storm. In the recovery, offices are collecting food, clothing and other necessities and delivering them to the hard hit areas. I am so impressed, thankful and humbled by the field staff who maintained their posts and continued such excellent care.

Last Friday I had the pleasure of speaking with a Home Health Aide in NJ who told me that she was with her client every day last week because she knew that was where she was needed, despite the obvious concerns for her own home. I was so touched by that simple statement - "where she was needed". And I am reminded of the value in the work that we all do at BAYADA and I am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

nothing - the Hurricane Sandy response has been incredible.

Come Prepared

Current Employee - Associate in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are friendly. The culture is legitimate. Some of the benefits are unique

Cons

The training is poor. Taking personal time is often frowned upon.
    There is no HR department

Advice to Management

Invest in solidifying standard operating procedures and creating a real HR department.

There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care