BAYADA Home Health Care

www.bayada.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

Waste of CNA Licence, Grocery Stores Pay More and Are Safer!

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Better than nothing while searching for another job, until customers ask you to be their personal assistant at the mall and church

Cons

Customers mainly are people on welfare who take advantage of Medicaid and act like you are their personal slave. I was asked to carry 60+ pounds kids around the house due to lack of equipment in the home. Was also asked to go to church and mall, wherever this woman went basically, and be her personal assistant as her disabled four year old sat in the stroller. I'm pretty sure Medicaid was not designed to help lazy people live like kings and queens on tax payer dollars. Management simply would say, "So what, you're getting paid, right?"

Turnover is high and pay is slightly above minimum wage. Made 50% more as a hospital CNA where I was treated way better and not stuck in homes in the ghetto where the people had no AC in 85 degree heat. If I wasn't overqualified for everything else and struggling like crazy to get a job after graduating from college, I would have never put myself through such a hell. If you have any dignity at all, save it and go elsewhere for work.

Stop running a sweat shop in 21st century America. Respect the taxpayer dollars more and PAY people more for their 4 month certification program and experience than they would make as an entry level cashier at Target. The pay and work requirements are degrading.

282 Other Employee Reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care (View Most Recent)

I did feel like part of the Bayada Family

Former Employee - Client Services Manager (CSM) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager (CSM) in Denver, CO

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The upper management did seem to believe in wanting to provide quality health care. Their nursing QA was crackerjack and they did take nursing competency and compliance very very seriously.

Cons

Like everything else, very 'profit margin' driven and our office wasn't equipped to take on Medicaid clients which was ultimately our downfall in what was provided and who could provide it.

Don't abandon the founder's core values despite the temptation to hyperfocus on the bottom line.

Company does not care about its employees

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Works 6 Days A Week in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is no positive thing I can say about Bayada

Cons

Company does not care about its employees. Management will not stand by or for the employees of its company. Trainers do a terrible job. Unrealistic expectation on work load, will not provide help. The list goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and work anywhere else.

Treat your employees like people and your turnover will go down, moral will go up.

There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care