There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Great place to work and grow

Current Employee - Business Service Officer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Business Service Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

You work hard and you will move up in the company. You are recognized for your efforts and promoted just as fast. We underwrite deals, which gives you a complete picture of your clients' financial picture.

Cons

Some of the systems are dated and the procedures can be viewed as a little old school.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, love the bank. Keep buying banks that fit our culture and we'll be the best of the best.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great place to work and make friends

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

The pay is good compared to other jobs in the area and training is top notch. BB&T donates to many charitable organizations throughout the year which made me feel good about the company. All of my co workers were great and worked together as a team plus we were all friends outside of the workplace. Insurance is great if you're healthy as they have a program that keeps it as low as $25 a month.

Cons

Pay raises were minimal. My last raise was 1.5%. New hires were getting paid more since they were trying to start them in mid range however didn't make much attempt to get older employees to the mid range. Vacation requests for the year had to be made by mid January.

2. excellent company, however poorly managed

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Bonita Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Bonita Springs, FL

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

they have a great opportunity for excellent banking knowledge, they have great training tools, excellent benefits and decent pay for what we do.

Cons

if you are independent minded, direct it is not appreciated with management and is commonly mistaken for an attitude. be sure to "play the game" to last.

Advice to Management

stronger applying method with applicants. personalities can tell a lot of how ones work ethic is.