BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Not the great place it use to be to work

ProsBB&T provides excellent benefits. The company is in a relatively strong financial position and growing.

ConsWith the growth that has occurred lately, the client center focus that BB&T has been known for is now second to earnings and goals. It is starting to feel very similar to many of the big banks. The culture is changing from the top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus needs to be placed on taking care of your good employees. Senior management should consider the financial and psychological impacts of them receiving large bonuses and stock options as the mid-level management works to get a 1 to 2% salary increase. The culture is changing from client centered to a policy and product driven culture.

Great benefit, great dream of bonus, but horrible at recognizing issues

FCL III (Former Employee)

I worked at BB&T

Pros: The benefits are expensive but expansive. Many different options when… Cons: If you don't mind working 6 days a week and 13 hour work days, please apply to this company. I used to work for this… Advice to Senior Management: I have none as if management would listen anyway. Then again, stop focusing on the three legged… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst Bank in Town Since 1872

Financial Center Leader I (Former Employee)

I worked at BB&T

Pros: Training and opportunities for professional development. BB&T has not officially moved to a "centralized lending" environment, so they still provide lenders with the… Cons: Due to a lot of the changes in the banking industry in the last few years, BB&T like many other banks has had to revamp… Advice to Senior Management: Stop acting like BB&T is in this business to help… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.