BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Good benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

40 paid sick days, multiple paid vacation weeks

Cons

This is a male dominated industry making it very difficult for females to advance.

More flexiable with schedules for moms and students

582 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Female-Dominated Workplace Where The Abuse Goes To The Top

Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The starting salary was fair.
    Employees are pretty sedentary, not a lot of moving is required -- if that is a pro.

Cons

I worked in Collections. With over 300 employees in my location -- and most of them female, workplace bullying was a HUGE issue and management did not care. BB&T does NOT respect diversity. Comments were constantly being made against homosexuals. During my training a woman from HR came and spoke with us, stating that our location has had problems with that kind of thing before and it would not be tolerated. BB&T also claims to have whistleblower protection but that means nothing! I was treated very badly by management after reporting hugely offensive comments that were allowed to be made and joked about. This is a competitive, female-dominated workplace and its extremely hostile -- not worth the salary whatsoever! Collections is also based in Lumberton, NC so that has a lot to do with the environment. I had 3 bosses, each more pretentious & unprofessional than the last. I ended up quitting. The supervisors are callous, bloated and the entire workplace is a huge joke. My time is worth more.

Feels like a sweat shop too often

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

overtime is almost always available

Cons

Reduced breaks and lunches every day! Continuous emails are sent out telling everyone to work harder so we can attempt have our breaks and lunches restored. call center management states that we are understaffed, forecasters state that we are at max staff allowed, continously getting incorrect information from supervisors then get held accountable for there mistake. Always being told that things are "in the works" to get better but nothing has changed for months!

check out your call centers and make some adjustments.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T