BB&T

www.bbt.com

Good Atmosphere, Friendly Management

Relationship Teller (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsAs above, a very supportive management and training structure that quickly responds to an employee's desire to learn and grow. Also, their benefits package is quite good, their LifeForce wellness program can guide you on a path to health and if you meet those goals, your bi-weekly health insurance premiums become a small monetary bonus! How many companies in this day and age PAY YOU to have health insurance and stay in shape? Very, Very ethical sales structure that puts the client first in more than superficial ways. All in all, a company run by decent people that has managed, through conservative risk management at all levels, to do pretty well in the recession and stay out of the news for sketchy lending behaviors. Employees feel a sense of pride at working for a bank that is one of a very few "good guys" out there.

ConsThey hire in at mid-point salaries but promote to minimums. This makes it a GREAT place to start working at, but not a very satisfying company to grow with since months or years of effort towards another promotion typically lead to minuscule increases. (eg. 29k to 30k when a new hire would make 36k) This policy, which many companies seem to have- not just BB&T (which I can't quite understand) causes a weird makeup of long time, high performing employees making significantly less (15-20%) than their new-hire colleagues. Note- all this is in reference to retail side.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the compensation system if you want to retain employees, promoted employees should receive pay equal to what a new hire would receive upon starting in the same position.

Great Place to Work At

Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at BB&T part-time for more than a year

Pros: Little work, clients are mostly the elderly, or from out of state. Walk in traffic not as much as Chase, so you definitely… Cons: Sales goals. But you will get that at every single… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Avoid this Dead End Job at all costs.

Sales Finance Collections (Former Employee) Charleston, WV

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Steady paycheck. Free Parking and close to a intersection to… Cons: The department is run under a dictatorship by a snotty nose dictator at which all management is overstaffed while the rest of the department is… Advice to Senior Management: Break up the clique and instead of gossiping, passing the buck & micro managing take time and accountability in doing some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!