Excellent benefits, horrible work ethics.

Former Employee - Certified Vault Teller  in  Charles Town, WV
Former Employee - Certified Vault Teller in Charles Town, WV

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly rewarding benefits package which emphasizes and rewards optimum health for all employees. They actually paid me extra to maintain good health.

Cons

This company seems to not care much how an employee performs but caters to those who have been there for a long time period and can make it unfair for newer employees. I earned countless rewards for superior performance but was still treated like a piece of dirt. This company says they are "for employees" but they're not, at least in terms of work environment! I could sometimes be scheduled one day to open @6:45 am and work til 1pm yet the next day not come in til 1 or 2 pm and work until 6:30 pm. Schedule sucked and I almost always worked 6 days/week.

Take a closer look at how each days runs at a branch. Open your eyes to the reality of day to day life for your employees. Reports can only reveal so much!!

Other Reviews for BB&T

Investment Counselor/Advisor - Bank Channel

Former Employee - Investment Counselor  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team approach and good automated back office systems made servicing multiple branches very manageable . Very customer-centric culture... Perfect Client Experience mantra is a winner!

Cons

Old School Sales Management... hit your quota or be replaced... churn and burn, baby! Compensation plan for commissions could be more generous.

What costs more, continuous high turnover or mentoring good people who have the desire and are willing to invest the effort to constantly improve until they consistently meet some arbitrary sales quota?

Good benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

40 paid sick days, multiple paid vacation weeks

Cons

This is a male dominated industry making it very difficult for females to advance.

More flexiable with schedules for moms and students

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!