BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Excellent benefits, horrible work ethics.

Certified Vault Teller (Former Employee)
Charles Town, WV

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than a year

ProsIncredibly rewarding benefits package which emphasizes and rewards optimum health for all employees. They actually paid me extra to maintain good health.

ConsThis company seems to not care much how an employee performs but caters to those who have been there for a long time period and can make it unfair for newer employees. I earned countless rewards for superior performance but was still treated like a piece of dirt. This company says they are "for employees" but they're not, at least in terms of work environment! I could sometimes be scheduled one day to open @6:45 am and work til 1pm yet the next day not come in til 1 or 2 pm and work until 6:30 pm. Schedule sucked and I almost always worked 6 days/week.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at how each days runs at a branch. Open your eyes to the reality of day to day life for your employees. Reports can only reveal so much!!

Good Atmosphere, Friendly Management

Relationship Teller (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros: As above, a very supportive management and training structure that quickly responds to an employee's desire to learn and grow. Also, their benefits package… Cons: They hire in at mid-point salaries but promote to minimums. This makes it a GREAT place to start working at, but not a very… Advice to Senior Management: Fix the compensation system if you want to retain employees, promoted employees should receive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work At

Peak Time Teller (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at BB&T part-time for more than a year

Pros: Little work, clients are mostly the elderly, or from out of state. Walk in traffic not as much as Chase, so you definitely… Cons: Sales goals. But you will get that at every single… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.