BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Horrible experience!

Former Employee - Teller Part Time in Honaker, VA
Former Employee - Teller Part Time in Honaker, VA

I worked at BB&T part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They paid more on the hour than my previous employer.

Cons

Horrible management and if they don't like you then they will try to get you fired even if they have to make something up on no evidence. All of this being done of course during your probationary period.

Stay close to the supervisors and use good judgement not leaving new hires at the mercy of rude and hateful supervisors and enployees.

560 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Female-Dominated Workplace Where The Abuse Goes To The Top

Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The starting salary was fair.
    Employees are pretty sedentary, not a lot of moving is required -- if that is a pro.

Cons

I worked in Collections. With over 300 employees in my location -- and most of them female, workplace bullying was a HUGE issue and management did not care. BB&T does NOT respect diversity. Comments were constantly being made against homosexuals. During my training a woman from HR came and spoke with us, stating that our location has had problems with that kind of thing before and it would not be tolerated. BB&T also claims to have whistleblower protection but that means nothing! I was treated very badly by management after reporting hugely offensive comments that were allowed to be made and joked about. This is a competitive, female-dominated workplace and its extremely hostile -- not worth the salary whatsoever! Collections is also based in Lumberton, NC so that has a lot to do with the environment. I had 3 bosses, each more pretentious & unprofessional than the last. I ended up quitting. The supervisors are callous, bloated and the entire workplace is a huge joke. My time is worth more.

Excellent benefits, horrible work ethics.

Former Employee - Certified Vault Teller in Charles Town, WV
    Former Employee - Certified Vault Teller in Charles Town, WV

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredibly rewarding benefits package which emphasizes and rewards optimum health for all employees. They actually paid me extra to maintain good health.

Cons

This company seems to not care much how an employee performs but caters to those who have been there for a long time period and can make it unfair for newer employees. I earned countless rewards for superior performance but was still treated like a piece of dirt. This company says they are "for employees" but they're not, at least in terms of work environment! I could sometimes be scheduled one day to open @6:45 am and work til 1pm yet the next day not come in til 1 or 2 pm and work until 6:30 pm. Schedule sucked and I almost always worked 6 days/week.

Take a closer look at how each days runs at a branch. Open your eyes to the reality of day to day life for your employees. Reports can only reveal so much!!

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T