Horrible experience!

Former Employee - Teller Part Time in Honaker, VA
Former Employee - Teller Part Time in Honaker, VA

I worked at BB&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They paid more on the hour than my previous employer.

Cons

Horrible management and if they don't like you then they will try to get you fired even if they have to make something up on no evidence. All of this being done of course during your probationary period.

Advice to Management

Stay close to the supervisors and use good judgement not leaving new hires at the mercy of rude and hateful supervisors and enployees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Female-Dominated Workplace Where The Abuse Goes To The Top

Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting salary was fair.
    Employees are pretty sedentary, not a lot of moving is required -- if that is a pro.

Cons

I worked in Collections. With over 300 employees in my location -- and most of them female, workplace bullying was a HUGE issue and management did not care. BB&T does NOT respect diversity. Comments were constantly being made against homosexuals. During my training a woman from HR came and spoke with us, stating that our location has had problems with that kind of thing before and it would not be tolerated. BB&T also claims to have whistleblower protection but that means nothing! I was treated very badly by management after reporting hugely offensive comments that were allowed to be made and joked about. This is a competitive, female-dominated workplace and its extremely hostile -- not worth the salary whatsoever! Collections is also based in Lumberton, NC so that has a lot to do with the environment. I had 3 bosses, each more pretentious & unprofessional than the last. I ended up quitting. The supervisors are callous, bloated and the entire workplace is a huge joke. My time is worth more.

2. Good benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

40 paid sick days, multiple paid vacation weeks

Cons

This is a male dominated industry making it very difficult for females to advance.

Advice to Management

More flexiable with schedules for moms and students