BB&T

Former Employee - FInancial Center Leader III  in  Richmond, VA
Former Employee - FInancial Center Leader III in Richmond, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Company inself is solid, with the bottom line always a focus.

Cons

The Central Virginia Leadership is comprised of the same type of person, gender, and age. There is no diversity and no decision making ability by the Area Managers.

Look for new and fresh ideas, outside your region on how to conduct business. Lead through inspiration.

Other Reviews for BB&T

A great learning-filled experience with the legal department.

Former Employee - Law Clerk  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Law Clerk in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at BB&T really seems to enjoy both their job and the fact that they work at BB&T. The bank pride is palpable and contagious. Everyone in the legal department had an open door policy and was welcoming and helpful throughout my time with them. They immerse you immediately in interesting work and have you engaged with clients immediately. I really enjoyed my experience at a very impressive bank.

Cons

I have no cons to report. The company is doing well and my experience was a great one. I highly recommend this company.

Over Worked, Under paid, short staffed!

Current Employee - Senior/Vault Teller  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior/Vault Teller in Orlando, FL

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only pro there is for me is the benefits, only because I'm single.

Cons

I work in a branch in Central Florida, we are always short staffed. We try to see if we can get more help, but we "don't qualify" for another person...what a joke! So when you come to "The Best Bank in Town"...haha, you will be waiting a while for something that should take only minutes. Most of the time, you will find only two people in a branch, talk about unprofessional. The policies are horrible, and when you ask for assistance from people, you never get the same answer from both parties. There are so many inconsistencies as well. The management is horrible! I would never recommend this bank. The pay is absolutely horrible, with short staffing and high expectations, the pay needs to be higher. They also do not live up to the culture that is preached to every employee.

Don't expect anything from management, they are hardly even around. They are expected to be outside of the office on business calls...supposedly, which is great and all, but that leaves the lack of approval authority in the branch for the ones who are there doing all the real work! Give an appropriate pay rate for people who have been with the company for years, vs people who have just been hired.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!