There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Branch Banking and Trust

Current Employee - Support Specialist  in  Wilson, NC
Current Employee - Support Specialist in Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always looking for people to hire, both Financial and Technical

Cons

A lot of policing. Inside employees refer to BBT as Big Brother and Trust because they have people walk thru the offices and report to managment what thye see that they do not like or may not meet their standards like papers on the desk, chair not under desk after 5, not sitting correctlu in chair (feet to the side and not directlu in front) etc among other crazy communist things. The call centers seem to be the worst. After exceeding set high standards for numerous job requirements, get a 1% salary increase. Does not even pay for my gas and I have 2 degrees. . Stay away!!!

497 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Teller

Former Employee - Teller  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Teller in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall this is a great company. I would by the stock.

Cons

However, if you are a teller it will take you 4 years minimum to move up just to teller manager. Managers are rude, and lacked any managerial skills or intelligence. They also push to sell sell sell!

Hire more intelligent managers who actually have managing experience!

Over Worked, Under paid, short staffed!

Current Employee - Senior/Vault Teller  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior/Vault Teller in Orlando, FL

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only pro there is for me is the benefits, only because I'm single.

Cons

I work in a branch in Central Florida, we are always short staffed. We try to see if we can get more help, but we "don't qualify" for another person...what a joke! So when you come to "The Best Bank in Town"...haha, you will be waiting a while for something that should take only minutes. Most of the time, you will find only two people in a branch, talk about unprofessional. The policies are horrible, and when you ask for assistance from people, you never get the same answer from both parties. There are so many inconsistencies as well. The management is horrible! I would never recommend this bank. The pay is absolutely horrible, with short staffing and high expectations, the pay needs to be higher. They also do not live up to the culture that is preached to every employee.

Don't expect anything from management, they are hardly even around. They are expected to be outside of the office on business calls...supposedly, which is great and all, but that leaves the lack of approval authority in the branch for the ones who are there doing all the real work! Give an appropriate pay rate for people who have been with the company for years, vs people who have just been hired.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!