BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Poor company culture

Current Employee - Curriculum Designer in Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Curriculum Designer in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are few, really good people that work there. Plus, the pay was pretty good.

Cons

The companies culture sucks! Way too beaucratic, and even childish at times. Everyone wants to tell you how to do your job even though they have no clue. Very old school, "thou shalt do what I say because I say so" metality of doing business. My personal experience included micromanaging, which I hate!

Get with the times. Employees are not slaves. Most of us are very smart in our own area and work very hard. Give your employees more freedom and let us do our job.

548 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

I you are a robot and insensitive to bizzare behavior from supervisor and branch leader, then this job is for you.

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health benefits were a little above average, and the cost could be reduced by adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Banking by the book. Fee income was stressed. Not possible to give a little to a regular, long term customer in the way of waived fees. Immediate supervisor had a mental problem that management overlooked or was not aware of, making the job very stressful. Manager not a true Banker, a glorified sales person whose only job was to generate loans and new deposits. There was no consultative banking being practiced at this location.

Hire people that understand the banking industry and are not just salespeople.

Branch Banking and Trust

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always looking for people to hire, both Financial and Technical

Cons

A lot of policing. Inside employees refer to BBT as Big Brother and Trust because they have people walk thru the offices and report to managment what thye see that they do not like or may not meet their standards like papers on the desk, chair not under desk after 5, not sitting correctlu in chair (feet to the side and not directlu in front) etc among other crazy communist things. The call centers seem to be the worst. After exceeding set high standards for numerous job requirements, get a 1% salary increase. Does not even pay for my gas and I have 2 degrees. . Stay away!!!

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T