Overall Positive

Current Employee - Lender in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Lender in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great leadership at the top with sincere desire to elevate the interests of all of it's stakeholders. Also, very competitive benefits package.

Cons

Advancement can be challenging and some of the mid-level management can be more of a barrier to progress than an enabler of it.

Advice to Management

Constantly seek and give high priorty to feedback from line level employees to stay on top of emerging issues and trends in the marketplace.

Other Employee Reviews for BB&T

1. Web Developer

Former Contractor - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BB&T as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

A bank, they have money,and they have a lot of technology, that is not too far behind bleeding edge.

Cons

IT personell have absolutly no social skills whatsoever. If you have no personality or social skills and you never want any ... this is the place to work for you. They don't mentor or teach at all. You are either 100% qualified at your position, or they get rid of you. I needed about a month or two to ramp up to my position and they let me go after 3 weeks. I felt there was no instruction or mentoring to do my job, and they had no interest in helping me out to further my career. I would think they want you to be either bored and unchallenged at a job you know full well to do or else. Also, they have a lot of bureaucracy (paperwork and procedures), and they only seem to have it for the sake of having it. They have absolutely no concept of what it's really for ... to provide a communication new for new(mainly) and existing workers. The processes and procedures they follow are unorganzied and difficult to follow ... what's the point of having it at all other than to say they have it.

Advice to Management

At some point you need to realize the long-term effects of not allowing people to ramp up their careers in your organizaiton. If you hire people to be bored in the 4'x4' cubical confines of your organziation, you're going to have a lot of intellectually smart, albiet mean, antisocial, insects who are only happy about the pay, and nobody well-rounded is going to want to work with this borg.

loan adjustor - collections

Current Employee - Loan Adjuster Collections in Lumberton, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Adjuster Collections in Lumberton, NC

I have been working at BB&T part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

none, hours are awful.... good luck finding the pros

Cons

this job is mind numbing and the mangers and leadership will stab u in the back in a second. NEVER work at this place, you will HATE it. The disrespect in crazy.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees, and not just your leadership. Admit your mistakes! Stop letting the job go to you head. have respect for you employees.