BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

BB&T Overall

Private Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than a year

ProsAn okay, semi-stable company - by perception. BB&T has done good job of hiding what is really going on, smoking mirrors. Only pro right now is they have good footprint.

ConsSenior Management has been with company so long, going from small bank to large bank, that they lack skills or knowledge to take BB&T to next level. BB&T does not like to pay competitive salary and works hard not to pay due incentives. (except Sr. Mgt makes sure their pockets are full) Management pushes Hunt and Skin but swears they are relationship based bank, bologna. BB&T runs off Tier 1 employees and has more than their share of Tier 2 and 3. For some reason BB&T has stopped dancing with the one that brought them, getiing away from their knitting and actually going down roads that have already proved fatal to other peers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and pass the torch.

good company, bad managment

Senior Teller (Current Employee)
Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A very secure job with a company who has been… Cons: Bad management, no bankers hours ( 6:45 am until 7pm),… Advice to Senior Management: If you don't like your job than quit please. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Coworkers always willing to help.

Relationship Teller (Former Employee)
Salem, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people you work with day to day and the… Cons: Unless hired into management promotion opportunities are bleak. It seems… Advice to Senior Management: Look for talent from within more. There are many gems… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.