There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Web Developer

Former Employee - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BB&T as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A bank, they have money,and they have a lot of technology, that is not too far behind bleeding edge.

Cons

IT personell have absolutly no social skills whatsoever. If you have no personality or social skills and you never want any ... this is the place to work for you. They don't mentor or teach at all. You are either 100% qualified at your position, or they get rid of you. I needed about a month or two to ramp up to my position and they let me go after 3 weeks. I felt there was no instruction or mentoring to do my job, and they had no interest in helping me out to further my career. I would think they want you to be either bored and unchallenged at a job you know full well to do or else.

Also, they have a lot of bureaucracy (paperwork and procedures), and they only seem to have it for the sake of having it. They have absolutely no concept of what it's really for ... to provide a communication new for new(mainly) and existing workers. The processes and procedures they follow are unorganzied and difficult to follow ... what's the point of having it at all other than to say they have it.

At some point you need to realize the long-term effects of not allowing people to ramp up their careers in your organizaiton. If you hire people to be bored in the 4'x4' cubical confines of your organziation, you're going to have a lot of intellectually smart, albiet mean, antisocial, insects who are only happy about the pay, and nobody well-rounded is going to want to work with this borg.

525 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

loan adjustor - collections

Current Employee - Loan Adjuster Collections in Lumberton, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Adjuster Collections in Lumberton, NC

I have been working at BB&T part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

none, hours are awful.... good luck finding the pros

Cons

this job is mind numbing and the mangers and leadership will stab u in the back in a second. NEVER work at this place, you will HATE it. The disrespect in crazy.

Think about your employees, and not just your leadership. Admit your mistakes! Stop letting the job go to you head. have respect for you employees.

BB&T Overall

Former Employee - Private Financial Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Private Financial Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

An okay, semi-stable company - by perception. BB&T has done good job of hiding what is really going on, smoking mirrors. Only pro right now is they have good footprint.

Cons

Senior Management has been with company so long, going from small bank to large bank, that they lack skills or knowledge to take BB&T to next level. BB&T does not like to pay competitive salary and works hard not to pay due incentives. (except Sr. Mgt makes sure their pockets are full) Management pushes Hunt and Skin but swears they are relationship based bank, bologna. BB&T runs off Tier 1 employees and has more than their share of Tier 2 and 3. For some reason BB&T has stopped dancing with the one that brought them, getiing away from their knitting and actually going down roads that have already proved fatal to other peers.

Retire and pass the torch.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T