There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Dissapointing

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Dalton, GA
Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Dalton, GA

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

At the time that I was there, benefits were excellent (a lot better than most places in this general area, I think). Co-workers and branch manager were overall good to work with. I had to leave work sick one time and the manager was really okay about it. She didn't get upset, threaten my job, or anything like that. At the time, it could be short handed at times so there were some overtime opportunities which always helps.

Cons

I don't feel that senior management really knew what employees in the branch had to deal with day to day or were even interested in learning what branch employees dealt with every day. They seemed to nit pick over things that really were not of importance and the sales goals were unrealistic. They actually expected you to make sales calls at a customer's work number if they were not at home.

Ease up on the sales goals and expectations about cold calling. Some people will get upset and bank elsewhere if you keep having Relationship Bankers call and bug them everyday especially at their work number. Spend a few days in a branch and see what it is really like. When you do that, really listen to the employee concerns there. Good customer service for your existing customers will make them loyal to the bank not call after call at their home and business.

reviews filtered by

"Banking in A Bubble"

Current Employee - Teller in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Teller in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

BB&T provides a good entry way into the financial industry for people who are looking to get into banking. It is a very family oriented company where everyone knows everyone else, and they genuinely seem to care about their workers. They have an amazing system for dealing with life issues, and the time off given for illnesses is unmatched.

Cons

Growth potential at BB&T is very limited especially on the retail side. The L.D.P. is their flagship program but it requires a multi-year commitment and the pay is low compared to industry averages. BB&T encourages fierce loyalty to the organization by maintaining a managed flow of information from the outside, coupled with a way of disseminating information to employees that is not always accurate. The best way I could describe it is "banking in a bubble", where no matter what happens within the bank or in the industry, BB&T is still the "best bank in town".

Management should recognize talent and work hard to cultivate it, rather than be complacent and allow that person to be picked up by another financial institution. Also don't try to "white wash" information before relaying it to employees. We are all big boys and girls, just give it to us straight. Lastly, hire more people. "Plan it" is a joke. You are burning your T.S.'s, tellers, and R.B.'s out.

2. You work here and make your own decison.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at BB&T

Pros

Benefits package is one of the best.

Cons

They don't stand by their employees.

Step up and take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T