There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Vacation & Benefits

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work - life balance and helpful training at BB&T University

Cons

Company eliminated unpaid vacation in 2012 due to a lawsuit. Unpaid vacation days not available. Paid 10 days for many employees. Assistant VP & VP get 15 paid days. Senior VP get 20 days. You get more days for length of service - at 5 years & 10 years bonus vacation days. You get standard bank holidays (Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, etc).

Most BB&T employees believe everyone gets the BB&T pension so they make comments to BB&T Subsidiary employees that do not have the pension benefit without realizing their mistake... In the 2012 Corporate employee survey the question about the Pension was worded assuming everyone had the Pension - there should have been a "not applicable" answer. Everyone in my reporting group (about a dozen Associates) has the pension benefit except me. They're on the bank P&L so being on the Subsidiary P&L excludes me. My work is very similar to everyone else that reports to my Manager. Everyone in a reporting group should be getting the same treatment and benefits so we can all enjoy the BB&T Corporate "happiness" value equally.

501 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Leadership development

Former Employee - Relationship Banker
    Former Employee - Relationship Banker

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great values, and a
    Positive work environment is always encouraged. Great teamwork with partners with flexible reviews

Cons

negotiate pay before you accept the positio. Promotions aren't as often as before however secure the right compensation when moving up

Good Company, pay is less than others

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Values, sales culture is/was outstanding. Currently has a pension.

Cons

Conservate, sometimes not in a good way. Pay increases can be hard to come by.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!