There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

High pressure and never satisfied with your efforts!

Former Employee - Investment Counselor
Former Employee - Investment Counselor

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Give you leads thru relationship bankers, sometimes.

Cons

Manager says I am here to help you but was really there presure you if you did not make monthly quota. The atmosphere of "What have you done for me lately" ! Manager presure you to sell whatever to clients to make quota and doesn't care if it's good or not for client.

498 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Good company, depends on where you start at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sr Management does things to keep employees happy, such as giving you your birthday off. Benefits are very good, especially for singles.

Cons

The pay is so-so for the industry. Biggest drawback is opportunities for growth, you may be told one thing at one point, but then something completely different. Depends on the department, but from my experience and others I know, management that actually cares about personal employee growth versus how their review looks is harder and harder to find

Take a look at employees who work hard (at all levels) and give them opportunities to keep learning and growing, this will keep alot of the good employees happy, as well as make them want even more to be a part of this company. Overall, BB&T is a solid company to work for in an economy that is less than desirable.

The Good Old Boys Club

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule/life balance.

Cons

No communication between departments that need to work together. Contractors are treated differently and information needed to do your job is not given freely. I was totally bored to death, but the pay was good. Even though there are women executives the 'good old boys' club still runs the show. This contract stunted my growth as far as my career was concerned.

You are paying alot of money for contractors that sit around and do nothing because the full-time employees do not disseminate enough information and are not open to new ideas. Departments need to work TOGETHER!

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!